Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Ford MyTouch to Sync3 With CarPlay Upgrade

The part number for the clips is W714972-S300.

The update download is not specific to your VIN, only to whether it's a nav or a non-nav unit; if you used the VIN of the car that your unit came from, you should be fine. I did exactly that yesterday - it worked (more or less) fine but I did need to perform a master reset to get voice control back.

Hello there, I just have successfully installed SYNC 3 in my 2014 Fist! Thanks to your guide! I would like to point out something that might be useful. Regarding the updated USB CarPlay hub's wiring. I unfortunately did not get the new power harness for the USB hub so I went out and found a different connector. What I found was a Floppy Drive Power Connector it lines up with the pins perfectly and is pretty secure as well.

Now for two questions I have.
First does anybody know exactly what those pesky sync screen hood clips are called? I lost 4 into the dash when removing it. I have looked but only keep coming up with the Philips screw fasteners.

Second question: I was able to get a hold of the original VIN that my unit came from (2016 Fiesta Titanium). I created a Ford Account with that vin to see if I could pull a SYNC3 V3.0 update directly from Ford. Now I was able to successfully download it however, I have not installed it yet. Does anybody see any issues with using the original SYNC system VIN to perform SYNC v3.0 update? Of course after I install it I upload a 2017 ASBuilt file with my features. Thanks for your help in advance!
Hi man were do your found the apim and the screen for fiesta?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

maestromaestro

1000 Post Club
Hi man were do your found the apim and the screen for fiesta?

Junkyards is where you should look, search online, and then CALL to confirm that they have and will ship (some won't).

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Always when I call they ask me about part number. Which part you tell them?

Man if you found for me apim and screen for fist I promise you I will give to you what you want

maestromaestro

1000 Post Club
Man if you found for me apim and screen for fist I promise you I will give to you what you want

I'm pretty sure that you won't. And, you have to do your own homework - especially if it amounts to looking at the first effing post in THIS VERY THREAD. Hunting is half the fun.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Man I am really honest with you i will te care you trust me

LMAO.. some people you can't teach to fish.. they'd starve without the rest of us.

Sorry to resurrect this - but just installed a sync 3 apim/ screen and CarPlay usb hub. Was donated from a 16 FiST. I get the brief “navigation error” message upon starting the car - then it goes away. Any thoughts? Everything else works beautifully.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
shouldbeasy

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #173
Sorry to resurrect this - but just installed a sync 3 apim/ screen and CarPlay usb hub. Was donated from a 16 FiST. I get the brief “navigation error” message upon starting the car - then it goes away. Any thoughts? Everything else works beautifully.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Did you get this sorted? Maybe you don't have an antenna hooked up?

OP
shouldbeasy

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #174
I'm experiencing what I think is a screen malfunction in that I can't use the touchscreen anymore - very frustrating... Everything in the background works and it seems like the screen reads 'fake inputs' and tries to press the screen in one spot for an endless amount of time. Basically it will just trigger one button over and over again... No real rhyme or reason to it - it's been the bottom left corner, middle right... just whatever button it's fuckin' up on it triggers multiple times.

So, I've sourced a second screen and module off a wrecked Fiesta with confirmed Sync3 as per the VIN - search on www.car-part.com under '2017' - 'Ford Fiesta' - 'Amplifier / Radio' - 'control panel, 6.5" screen opening, w/o Sony audio system'

If you limit the search to the Sony audio system you may not find many options - this particular screen assembly part number is G1BT-14G370-BL which SHOULD be interchangeable with G1BT-18B955-TC (the one I have which as failed).

Once I've installed the new screen I will update the first post to show the new part numbers which will work and which search through www.car-part.com is best.

zduss

Just wanted to say thanks [MENTION=1015]shouldbeasy[/MENTION]. Did my install this past week and went off without a hitch. That trim panel around the screen was a bitch to get off though. I don't know anything about electronics but do you think there could be a way to upgrade the stock hub to allow for quick charging?

maestromaestro

1000 Post Club
Just wanted to say thanks [MENTION=1015]shouldbeasy[/MENTION]. Did my install this past week and went off without a hitch. That trim panel around the screen was a bitch to get off though. I don't know anything about electronics but do you think there could be a way to upgrade the stock hub to allow for quick charging?
I have gone through a 2 to 3 conversion. Mine is a 15, and I use Android phones. So, I could and did use the original hub (had the aux jack and SD card slot), but it would give me errors on start up - it worked fine, but it was annoying. So, I switched to the new, 2 USB jacks only module. No errors, but it's not "fast charging' I believe. Not slow either. [MENTION=1015]shouldbeasy[/MENTION] is indeed da man, helped me through the wiring of that b*tch.

I sourced the APIM from a 16 Fiesta, so it didn't require any bracket mods. Went straight in. And now I have a rear view camera, just like the big boys.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

OP
shouldbeasy

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #177
Confirmed that G1BT-14G370-BL works for this upgrade as well - just a standard Sync 3 No Nav unit from a wrecked Fiesta. I received the VIN and checked with Ford to confirm the equipment it was manufactured with - now to update it to the latest Sync firmware...

OP
shouldbeasy

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #179
Sync3 updated to the latest version and I'm back in action with CarPlay. Thank god! I was hating life without a working touch screen and having no subwoofer for tunes!

So my APIM has been diagnosed as being bad in my '14. It does this great thing where it stops responding to inputs and then doesn't want to turn itself off after the car has been shut off which eventually drains the battery. Took 9 months to get it the dealership to diagnose the issue. As they want $600 dollars just to put in a new module with the old system I'm thinking to switch to Sync 3 and save some money. My question is:
- If I just want Sync 3 and am not planning to buy the new USB hub, do I need to do any wiring or is it plug and play?
Just gotta figure out if I'm looking at the right thing on car-part