Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Ford Racing Exhaust Anyone Yet?

me32

1000 Post Club
It seems really high for Single exhaust system. In the mustang world we get a dual system for cheaper than that. In fact we can even get a catted and uncatted mid pipe and catback system for less than the down pipe and catback for the ST.

There are at least some Cobb dealers in Canada. I'm scared for Mountune's cost.
JRP said they would be carrying Mountune through Ford Racing. But I assume that would be when Mountune starts actively distributing through Ford Racing :(

$200 more than fswerks... Looks very similar. I know Cobb is high quality but is there $200 worth of difference?
Yeah, very similar, unresonated design and 304 stainless.

Cobb's tips are 3.5 and the muffler and tips are a 1 piece, welded design. Plus, Cobb's welds are prettier. Worth $200? Maybe..

$200 buys you most of a Mountune Short Shift kit...or a Cobb RMM and a part tank of (Ontario) gas.

Id bet mountunes exhaust will be at least $100 more than cobbs...
Cobbs focus at exhaust is the same cost as Mountune's.... I don't see why the fiesta would be more. But the fact that Cobbs fiesta exhaust is only $50 less than their focus seems off to me.

I'm with some others on why the hell is a catback so expensive for these cars? There is NO reason for it, the DUAL SLP in good stainless for my Mustang which was excellent quality is $200 less that most anything for the ST, until prices come down I'm not touching any of them and will spend my money elsewhere.

dyn085

2000 Post Club
I'm with some others on why the hell is a catback so expensive for these cars? There is NO reason for it, the DUAL SLP in good stainless for my Mustang which was excellent quality is $200 less that most anything for the ST, until prices come down I'm not touching any of them and will spend my money elsewhere.
It's a lot easier for manufacturer to recoup R&D/tooling/labor/etc. costs on a car that sells many tens of thousands of vehicles as opposed to one that only sells ten thousand vehicles. It's kind of the nature of the game.

That being said, I've seen CBE prices on other models from other brands equal to or surpassing the Cobb TBE price. Given the quality and what appears to be ease-of-installation, I think the price is warranted. Would I like to pay less? Of course, especially with the fact that i own two ST's. But realistically speaking, I still can't knock their current listing.

There's almost always something cheaper and almost always something more expensive. Very often you'll find that you get what you pay for, and I expect that to be true with Cobb's exhaust as they produce a pretty high-quality product from almost everything I've seen from them.

Why is nobody else addressing the issue that the focus st exhaust is only $50 more? It has bigger pipe, more pipe, more bends and a resonator. It seems like the fiesta st system should be at least $100 less if not more. It just looks like an incredible mark up if they make profit on the 799 exhaust.

OP
Teezlr
Thread Starter #50
Yeah, doubt mountune will sell the fiesta exhaust for more than the focus.

It's a lot easier for manufacturer to recoup R&D/tooling/labor/etc. costs on a car that sells many tens of thousands of vehicles as opposed to one that only sells ten thousand vehicles. It's kind of the nature of the game.

That being said, I've seen CBE prices on other models from other brands equal to or surpassing the Cobb TBE price. Given the quality and what appears to be ease-of-installation, I think the price is warranted. Would I like to pay less? Of course, especially with the fact that i own two ST's. But realistically speaking, I still can't knock their current listing.

There's almost always something cheaper and almost always something more expensive. Very often you'll find that you get what you pay for, and I expect that to be true with Cobb's exhaust as they produce a pretty high-quality product from almost everything I've seen from them.
I prefer a well made product that will last than a cheaper one that's disposable, and I'm aware that these companies have their development costs involved, inflation, etc...but over $700 for something like this is just unreal to me. Just going to have to wait it out for a while and hope there's enough competition to drive the prices down, seems like there will be. As for the Cobb tuner, that's high compared to an SCT again for my Mustang but on par for what I'd expect as it's much more capable and useable than my SCT3 is for my Mustang.

There are at least some Cobb dealers in Canada. I'm scared for Mountune's cost.
JRP in Mississauga (for Canadians in the Toronto area) has the Cobb system on order and will be in stock there soon.... However, price is $870 CAD... Plus tax. Grand total of $983.10 after taxes. Ouch.

JRP in Mississauga (for Canadians in the Toronto area) has the Cobb system on order and will be in stock there soon.... However, price is $870 CAD... Plus tax. Grand total of $983.10 after taxes. Ouch.
Ok, I guess $700 isn't so bad after all.......[unsurelaugh]

OP
Teezlr
Thread Starter #58
Are there any gains to be had from the Ford Racing exhaust? It's covered under warranty so I'm interested, but is it just going to create noise?
Probably a little bit of power and a little noise too.

Small amounts of both, but the tips look crooked in all the installs I've seen... or maybe it's the curved bumper.

JPGC

2000 Post Club
I would say, if you plan to go beyond basic bolt-ons ( bigger turbo, etc), then go with a different exhaust with 2.5 in diameter piping or larger. If you plan on just basic bolt-ons with the stock turbo, then the Ford Racing, Borla or Magnaflow will work great. There is no magical horsepower to be gained from just a cat-back...maybe a few hp at best. It's a mod that compliments other mods....only when those other mods really need the extra flow.

JPGC

2000 Post Club
Probably a little bit of power and a little noise too.

Small amounts of both, but the tips look crooked in all the installs I've seen... or maybe it's the curved bumper.
The Ford Racing and Borla need adjustment and imho, need new exhaust hangers to line them up properly.