Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Ford's New Sync 3 System for 2016 models

As I have said, Mine works perfectly and I have not experienced any of what you describe.
I do not doubt you, nor others.
I have all of my tunes loaded on to a 500GB hard drive and again it works just fine.
Maybe there is something wrong with yours and it needs to be repaired.
Maybe as they say in the disclaimer, that not all equipment is compatible.

I am sure that even with the new SYNC3 some people will still have problems.

Dave
It's probably a case of Microsoft not getting along with my Apple stuff lol. Also I'm biased against most anything Microsoft, I moved away from them years ago because of persistent problems with their software I've experienced. QNX won't be perfect, it will have glitches etc.....just like a first model year car.

I think I mentioned this before though, having used Chrysler's "uConnect" before, Sync is heaven compared to that garbage.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
You Apple folk, always complaining about something. LOL

I don't know what system is in my wife's 2015 Honda.
Now that one really sucks.

Dave

OP
BoostBumps

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
Thread Starter #23
Ford Taps Microsoft for Wireless Updates

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2015/03/ford-taps-microsoft-for-wireless-updates.html

"Thanks to a partnership with Microsoft, you will soon be able to download software updates for your new Ford wirelessly.

Using Microsoft's Azure global cloud-based network, the system will allows users to wirelessly download updates to Sync 3, unlock or lock their vehicles and check battery charge levels on plug-in vehicles. This means drivers will not have to go into a dealership for software updates, making it easier on everyone involved.

The cloud services will not cost extra, instead coming packaged with Ford?s new Sync 3 infotainment unit that launches this summer. Powering that unit is Blackberry's QNX as Ford ditched it's old Microsoft-based MyFordTouch system."

ford-sync-3-apps-03.jpg

westcoaST

1000 Post Club
Could it be that the majority of users that complain about the Sync system are Apple users, who like everything as simple as possible without having to read the manual? Thats not meant to be a slam against them. I used to own an IPhone 5, and couldnt understand why email test size could not be increased by zooming for these old eyes. Speech to text was also very poor. Both myself and wife now own Galaxy 5 cellphones and she even has the watch. The difference between the two operating systems, and the similarity or disimilarity to the Microsoft sync system is what, I believe, either makes or breaks your experience. I had no problems syncing up with my IPhone, although text connectivity would drop on occasion and have to be restored. No such problem with the Galaxies, however. I also think ones experience tends to differ depending on the quality of the GPS signal, and whether or not you update your sync software. Like Dave, I think the sync and GPS system are great, but that may be a So Cal experience. I do know that my wive's focus titanium (2012) is slower to react to GPS input than my FiST, even though I update both systems as soon as I hear about updates. I've learned the commands and they really help. I like being able to change music stations and volume without reaching over to the radio. Calls are clear, and I like the message alert.

Etyrnus

Could it be that the majority of users that complain about the Sync system are Apple users, who like everything as simple as possible without having to read the manual? Thats not meant to be a slam against them. I used to own an IPhone 5, and couldnt understand why email test size could not be increased by zooming for these old eyes. Speech to text was also very poor. Both myself and wife now own Galaxy 5 cellphones and she even has the watch. The difference between the two operating systems, and the similarity or disimilarity to the Microsoft sync system is what, I believe, either makes or breaks your experience. I had no problems syncing up with my IPhone, although text connectivity would drop on occasion and have to be restored. No such problem with the Galaxies, however. I also think ones experience tends to differ depending on the quality of the GPS signal, and whether or not you update your sync software. Like Dave, I think the sync and GPS system are great, but that may be a So Cal experience. I do know that my wive's focus titanium (2012) is slower to react to GPS input than my FiST, even though I update both systems as soon as I hear about updates. I've learned the commands and they really help. I like being able to change music stations and volume without reaching over to the radio. Calls are clear, and I like the message alert.
Interesting you bring this up. I use Windows Phone, and have never had an issue with the Sync system. I have two different models of phone linked to mine, and the only time I have to tell it which one I am using is if I stream Bluetooth music.