Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

FOUND! Want to buy a Fiesta ST.. Again.. Help!

If anyone has a lead on a clean FiST in the northeast, please let me know. The regret of selling my last one finally set in and now I'm searching all over for the right car.

I don't have many requirements, but here's what I'm not looking for:
  • No beat up and/or high mile (80k+ cars)
  • No accident, salvage, or rebuilt title cars
  • I don't care for a black car, but if all else looks solid, it'll work
Just hoping if someone manages to see one for sale that they can let me know. I'd appreciate any help at all and could even paypal some money over if you manage to find one I buy. The desperation is real.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Man, I want the rally car! Now I just need to find $125k . . .
You might be able to fully register it as street legal IF you live where there is no inspection AT ALL, and your insurance company does not require a visual inspection before covering it.

Just don't get into an accident, and DO NOT EVER get stuck in any stop and go traffic with that sequential gearbox (that is a REAL racing MANUAL sequential in that beast, and is NOT a Bimmer-like, fully 'streetable' DSG!). [nono][driving]

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
You might be able to fully register it as street legal IF you live where there is no inspection AT ALL, and your insurance company does not require a visual inspection before covering it.

Just don't get into an accident, and DO NOT EVER get stuck in any stop and go traffic with that sequential gearbox (that is a REAL racing MANUAL sequential in that beast, and is NOT a Bimmer-like, fully 'streetable' DSG!). [nono][driving]
Yeah, there's no way that would work in real life for a lot of reasons (not the least of them being money lol). That's one of my favorite things about the FiST, it can give you a race car/rally car feel (obviously at a much lower level of performance) but it's also afFORDable šŸ¤£ and daily drivable.

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Yeah, there's no way that would work in real life for a lot of reasons (not the least of them being money lol). That's one of my favorite things about the FiST, it can give you a race car/rally car feel (obviously at a much lower level of performance) but it's also afFORDable šŸ¤£ and daily drivable.
Can't match the practicality and performance for the money. 4 years, 30,000 miles, no issues, still giggling. I will never sell it.
The hot hatch segment is very competitive in EU. We don't get them anymore. :oops:

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Can't match the practicality and performance for the money. 4 years, 30,000 miles, no issues, still giggling. I will never sell it.
The hot hatch segment is very competitive in EU. We don't get them anymore. :oops:
Exactly! People can make fun of it all day for being a Fiesta, but it's a near perfect blend of performance and practicality at a very affordable price point. I don't understand why Americans are obsessed with huge vehicles but it's quite frustrating.

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Exactly! People can make fun of it all day for being a Fiesta, but it's a near perfect blend of performance and practicality at a very affordable price point. I don't understand why Americans are obsessed with huge vehicles but it's quite frustrating.
Ditto.

SteveS

1000 Post Club

The beauty of top-level rally cars is that they are road legal. ... Because they are based on production cars and need to be able to drive on public roads between stages, current WRC cars, as well as former Group B machines can all wear license plates, pretty much as long as their headlamps stay functional.Feb 27, 2018

Driving a Mad Group B Car To The Post Office - Road & Track

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
The beauty of top-level rally cars is that they are road legal. ... Because they are based on production cars and need to be able to drive on public roads between stages, current WRC cars, as well as former Group B machines can all wear license plates, pretty much as long as their headlamps stay functional.Feb 27, 2018
Driving a Mad Group B Car To The Post Office - Road & Track
Yes, they MUST have functioning; wipers, turn signals, horn, all exterior lights, etc., (UNLIKE most dedicated road racing machinery) but TRY to get one legally registered/insured for continuous (NOT the one year, 'temporary' exemption registrations granted to the all-out open class/WRC based cars currently used in ARA rallying) road use here in this country, in an inspection requiring state, and see what happens. [:(]

Some states would fail you for the full cage alone, even before they got to the OBD2 plug-in, any emissions, or the lack of any airbags at all.

Last edited: