Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Four-point Traction Bar Questions

Hey all, looking at purchasing a front traction bar, with a strong preference for a TB Gusset Traction bar for the four points of contact. Anyone who's bought/installed one, have you experienced a lot of scraping issues in street driving? Especially concerned with using the TB bar and Mountune lowering springs. Any insight is helpful.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I own a 2 point and Roll Swift type r springs on Stock NOS struts and shocks here in Mn. I hit ice chunks all the time.....I have scraped but only when going over parking lot speed bumps too fast or taking a driveway incline to hard/ fast . I've found if I approach and slow down I rarely EVER scrap. So I will say taking things easy when knowing a speed bump or driveway incline is coming is wise! [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

4DGC

I'm on Mountune Springs and have a Pierce 2 pt. I scrape every time I go to the carwash where you line the tire up with the track that pulls you along. I don't scrape any where else.

That and I'm not gonna pay to get my Paint scratched by a friction wash*

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
It's better than letting the gas stay on the side of the car because the fuel nozzle and the capless fuel receiver didn't like each other. So somewhere in the middle of a fill up, the nozzle pops out and shoots gas everywhere. And you're on your lunch break 35 miles away from home. I prefer a hand wash to but sometime you gotta do what you gotta do.

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
It's better than letting the gas stay on the side of the car because the fuel nozzle and the capless fuel receiver didn't like each other. So somewhere in the middle of a fill up, the nozzle pops out and shoots gas everywhere. And you're on your lunch break 35 miles away from home. I prefer a hand wash to but sometime you gotta do what you gotta do.
Now I have more questions than answers after this post. Does your car really shoot gas everywhere? Same gas station or at multiples? That seems like a problem you'd want to get addressed. Has this happened more than once?

One time, the nozzle shot out of the car and sprayed the car. I saw it happen to another person at the same pump a few weeks later. I think they were in a Focus so I assume that nozzle, plus our cars fuel filler don't like each other.

One other time I put some octane boost in to see if that would have an effect on the neg corrections in my Dizzy stage 2 tune. That ended up with octane boost down the side of the car and another trip to the same car wash.

One time, the nozzle shot out of the car and sprayed the car. I saw it happen to another person at the same pump a few weeks later. I think they were in a Focus so I assume that nozzle, plus our cars fuel filler don't like each other.

One other time I put some octane boost in to see if that would have an effect on the neg corrections in my Dizzy stage 2 tune. That ended up with octane boost down the side of the car and another trip to the same car wash.
Same thing happened to me!🙊😱😬 octane boost part except it was injector cleaner I think

hey guys, Question(s):
Im currently set up on coilovers, and i want to reinforce the suspension more so i can feel more confident in taking corners during some "spirited driving" up in the canyons. I just want to be confident that nothing is going to snap on me during the constant flexing.

Would a 2pt trac bar be enough or should the rear be reinforced too with a strut/torsion bar? would a 4 or 6pt bar/brace be more beneficial to get?

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
You don't need any of that nothing is going to snap.

Not trying to be an ass to you, but why in the world would you think something is going to break?

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

You don't need any of that nothing is going to snap.

Not trying to be an ass to you, but why in the world would you think something is going to break?

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
mmm i dont REALLY think anything will, but the constant flexing makes me think i should take it down a notch.
Would definitely love to reinforce cornering a bit.