Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

FSWERKS Cool-Flo Intake DYNO posted.

BlueBomber

1000 Post Club
I'm really curious how big of a factor the dyno used is - this setup looks almost identical to the Injen system- optimized intake tube with integrated ports for all OEM plugins but slightly lower gains. It's also more expensive than the Injen setup ($250.90 - trust me noone can go cheaper than that)

If both of them could do a closed box at the end of that intake tube, personally I think it'd be a better system - and this design also pulls a little bit of hot air in when stuck at stoplights, but once you're moving the temps drop back down to ambient. If somehow, rather than the lower heat shield design a is, it were to pull air from below the motor like the mountune lower box does, I think we'd have the ideal intake configuration. I will say the FS Werks system seems to be a little quieter from what I can tell in the video; the system I have is damned loud, and creates a loud BOV-like noise when shifting and does deliver similar turbo flutter.

I really think you can get more out of the intake if it's paired with a tune setup to deal with it. Would love to see these get comparo tested back to back on the same dynamometer so we could get some real, consistent numbers

Colin1337

1000 Post Club
The temp increase at a stop isn't a big deal unless your planning on drag racing. Every other type of racing the car is constantly moving and supplying fresh air.
Also in regards to the dyno, it's the difference of a couple hp. Hard to say one is better than the other without testing them.on the same car, same dyno, same day. It's probably safe to assume they are equal in that respect. The price difference is just a big company vs a smaller shop, usually the bigger company can offer more aggressive pricing.

Can't go wrong with either system. I prefer FSwerks because they will be producing more parts for this platform, but only if people are showing an interest in it.

Colin1337

1000 Post Club
I'm right with ya Buddy once I find my garages and tools :) LOL looking to hear your feedback and setup details...

Haha oh man, it's sunny and 60 here in the high desert. I could not live where you get that kind if crazy weather. I'm sure it's gorgeous in the spring/summer though.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Ya its pretty in winter too when you can get out and not be below zero for 3 months like this winter .. Most winters we get a week maybe two of really cold -20 degF temps then back to a balmy 5 above zero plus :) lol
Anyway back on track for the Intake and BC coilover install :)