Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Full upgraded transmission swap possibility

Woods247

2000 Post Club
I have a buddy who’s interested in offering ready to install transmissions with the LSD of your choice and final drives (if wanted), if the community has interest. They’d be shipped in a reusable box with a return label for your core. A warranty would be offered as long as it’s registered with his company upon receipt and proper break-in procedure is followed. Trans fluid will be included as well as the break-in procedure. It’s not going to be cheap but it will be convenient for DIY enthusiasts who don’t want to deal with the internals of a trans. My guess is the price will be around the same cost of a LSD plus labor for installation, but that’s not my decision. It’ll vary depending on options chosen at checkout as well. If you have interest, please leave a reply here and I’ll share it with him.

I think a lot of you may have concerns about the company building them, just as I would. He doesn’t have an internet presence. However, his portfolio is insanely impressive. When he puts something public together, I’ll share it. I told him it’s necessary because I don’t have a presence anywhere other than here. You can think of the guy as an eclectic artist/fabricator who’d rather build fast and wild stuff than troll the web for opportunity. A lot of technical race car guys are still old school and not online. He’s done several of these transmissions this month alone and felt like there’s a need in the Fiesta community. Please let me know what you think below. Thanks, Matt

3.55 final drive would let the turbo work a little longer and it would be quieter on cruise control. LSD would take care of a custom tune. This would be mega

Sent from my SM-A705W using Tapatalk

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #7
Thanks. I have a quote from Clarke for a trans with WPC treatment, Quaife LSD, and shorter gears for $5,400.
Are you returning a core? That’ll be a bad ass trans! I’m anxious to hear what you think about shorter gears. I’m considering the same so I can pull in 6th instead of riding the rev limiter in 5th.

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Are you returning a core? That’ll be a bad ass trans! I’m anxious to hear what you think about shorter gears. I’m considering the same so I can pull in 6th instead of riding the rev limiter in 5th.
That's with no core charge. I'm 50/50 on pulling the trigger since no track time for about 6 months at this point.

PhoenixM3

I have a buddy who’s interested in offering ready to install transmissions with the LSD of your choice and final drives (if wanted), if the community has interest. They’d be shipped in a reusable box with a return label for your core. A warranty would be offered as long as it’s registered with his company upon receipt and proper break-in procedure is followed. Trans fluid will be included as well as the break-in procedure. It’s not going to be cheap but it will be convenient for DIY enthusiasts who don’t want to deal with the internals of a trans. My guess is the price will be around the same cost of a LSD plus labor for installation, but that’s not my decision. It’ll vary depending on options chosen at checkout as well. If you have interest, please leave a reply here and I’ll share it with him.

I think a lot of you may have concerns about the company building them, just as I would. He doesn’t have an internet presence. However, his portfolio is insanely impressive. When he puts something public together, I’ll share it. I told him it’s necessary because I don’t have a presence anywhere other than here. You can think of the guy as an eclectic artist/fabricator who’d rather build fast and wild stuff than troll the web for opportunity. A lot of technical race car guys are still old school and not online. He’s done several of these transmissions this month alone and felt like there’s a need in the Fiesta community. Please let me know what you think below. Thanks, Matt
I’m in.

Good day,

I'm interested and if the price right, I'm willing to trailer my car to Georgia and have him install it.

Thanks,

OP
Woods247

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #20
I’m going to ask him to contact the Admins for vendor info. We have legitimate interest, which is great. He’s a Fiesta guy too so that’s also a plus!