Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Garage Line spacer DIY

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Well this install was very simple.....but just thought I'd share.

Tools were
* 3/8 Ratchet
* 3/8 long sockets
* 8 inch 3/8 extension
* knee pad because I'm getting old

The Garage Line spacer is a very tasty nicely put together piece.

Here are the 2 nuts that need to be removed. The nut on the far right doesn't need to be touched. Just the top left and bottom left need to be removed.

There is a connector up on top that need to be removed IMO. Unless you have small hands and are Carni-folk with a slight aroma of cabbage.

Unplug and remove Gas pedal Assembly.

You can install the spacer on it outside of the vehicle or install it while the pedal is out and then install the pedal on the Spacer. I chose to mount it on the vehicle then install the pedal onto the spacer.

I'll admit it's weird at first being so close together with the gas and the brake pedal. But so so much easier to Blipshift when down shifting. Enjoy!

Last edited:

PhoenixM3

Well this install was very simple.....but just thought I'd share.

Tools were
* 3/8 Ratchet
* 3/8 long sockets
* 8 inch 3/8 extension
* knee pad because I'm getting old

The Garage Line spacer is a very tasty nicely put together piece.

Here are the 2 nuts that need to be removed. The nut on the far right doesn't need to be touched. Just the top left and bottom left need to be removed.

There is a connector up on top that need to be removed IMO. Unless you have small hands and are Carni-folk with a slight aroma of cabbage.

Unplug and remove Gas pedal Assembly.

You can install the spacer on it outside of the vehicle or install it while the pedal is out and then install the pedal on the Spacer. I chose to mount it on the vehicle then install the pedal onto the spacer.

I'll admit it's weird at first being so close together with the gas and the brake pedal. But so so much easier to Blipshift when down shifting. Enjoy!
Can you taker a wider angle shot to include the brake and gas pedal, please.

haste

1000 Post Club
The pedal space between the Focus SVT and Fiesta ST is so wildly different. I didn't comprehend it at first. After driving both for many miles. I like the stock spacing of the FiST better, but it's all dependent on the shoes you wear. It is absolutely perfect with a pair of VANs. I know, sounds weird.

OP
TyphoonFiST

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #5
The pedal space between the Focus SVT and Fiesta ST is so wildly different. I didn't comprehend it at first. After driving both for many miles. I like the stock spacing of the FiST better, but it's all dependent on the shoes you wear. It is absolutely perfect with a pair of VANs. I know, sounds weird.
I can't wear work shoes with this setup thats for sure. Way way to wide! Now I just wear my cross trainers or boat shoes. A pair of actual Driving shoes would be mint. But I don't wanna change my shoes every time I get in or out.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

OP
TyphoonFiST

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #6
The Best thing about this spacer is you can move it horizontally and adjust its closeness to the gas pedal. Its just not Forever stuck in one place.

OP
TyphoonFiST

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #10
I just adjusted mine over about 1/2 inch over as I thought it was too close to the gas pedal even with Thinner width shoes*

Last edited:

SrsBsns

Good job with the writeup. One of the first things I did with this car was install that spacer. I LOVE it. Heel-toe was nearly impossible for me with the stock layout but now it's just an easy roll of the foot away. It was weird unplugging and removing the throttle pedal but other than that, I remember this being pretty straightforward like you mentioned.