Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

GEM/BCM Clicking & Body Control Issues - HELP?

@ XXIAZE Just thought i'd give you my input. My indicators were staying on even with ignition off and alarm would go off after I activated it [aftermarket alarm]. Bought a switchablae ELM327 and dowloaded FORScan, then got a free license.
Ran FORScan and found lots of DTCs.....most relating to the BCM (Body Control Module). I got code (apart from others) U0140 and was told if this code appers then change the BCM.
I purchased a 2nd hand one off eBay.....with the same serial numbers (they differ lots). Disconnected the battery, removed the old BCM and replaced it with the 2nd hand one. Connected battery and then connected my laptop to the OBD, ran FORScan, and then loaded As Built for my vehicle from Index - FordServiceInfo.Com (motorcraftservice.com)
Followed instructions and then deleted all my DTCs. Ran FORScan again and all codes gone. Indicators and alarm works as new.

Defo your BCM,

Gaz.
Right on, good to hear that it worked out for you!

Almost have mine completed, I have forscan and my adapter working with my car and have my bcm built file saved, now I’m waiting to get the used bcm from eBay. Tracking states it will be here by Tuesday next week and I can finish up. I’ll post updates after I get it in.
My cost breakdown:

OBD link EX forscan obd adapter: $60 (you can get cheaper ones but I wanted the auto switch function)

OBDLink EX FORScan OBD Adapter https://www.amazon.com/dp/B081VQVD3F?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Forscan license: $20 for 3 years (you can get the free 2 months but I just bought mine)

Used eBay Bcm with matching serial numbers: $45

legendary! You’re the man! How much was grand total? Did you buy second hand off eBay?
Bought 2nd hand £64 off eBay, £20 for OBD cable and the rest i did myself. Scary at 1st, but wasnt too difficult.

Gaz
P.S. remember to save your profiles before you make changes.....just in case!

OP
xxiaze

xxiaze

Thread Starter #24
Almost have mine completed, I have forscan and my adapter working with my car and have my bcm built file saved, now I’m waiting to get the used bcm from eBay. Tracking states it will be here by Tuesday next week and I can finish up. I’ll post updates after I get it in.
My cost breakdown:

OBD link EX forscan obd adapter: $60 (you can get cheaper ones but I wanted the auto switch function)

OBDLink EX FORScan OBD Adapter https://www.amazon.com/dp/B081VQVD3F?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Forscan license: $20 for 3 years (you can get the free 2 months but I just bought mine)

Used eBay Bcm with matching serial numbers: $45
Any follow up to this? I just purchased the cable and BCM second hand. Looking for more info :)

Crustafur

Sorry to Necro this post. Can any of the successful folks check back in? I have the relay clicking sound, but no malfunctions of anything on the car I have noticed. Is it worth just getting the OBD cable for now and trying to scan the BCM for issues & clear any codes that come up? Or is there no way this can be solved without BCM replacement? Thanks in advance!