Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

GFE Trackcross December 13, 2020 - Summit Point Shenandoah Circuit`

kevinatfms

Anyone signed up? i know of at least one other Fiesta ST owner going. Ill be bringing mine out this time - last time i brought out our chump car to test out since it was a brand new build. Chime in if youre signed up!

See you there Kevin! I was debating if I wanted to bring mine out again since I burned through pads last event and limp mode came on after every run but we need to show the Type R and SI that we can be faster than them.

OP
kevinatfms

kevinatfms

Thread Starter #4
See you there Kevin! I was debating if I wanted to bring mine out again since I burned through pads last event and limp mode came on after every run but we need to show the Type R and SI that we can be faster than them.
Ill be ready. Swapped a few small things today. New fluids and a new rear motor mount since my CP-E version was coming apart.

The stock pads will work better than most others at this style event since you dont really get race pads hot enough. Ill see you there though and we can talk setup. Definitely want to win SF2 this event.

OP
kevinatfms

kevinatfms

Thread Starter #7
Was it the rubber/EPDM bushings, or the alloy parts of the CP-E which were coming apart?
The EPDM bushing has set pins on either side to hold it into position. The bushings were literally tearing and pressing out of the side of the mount.

The alloy parts are exceptionally well made. I loved the EPDM bushing also but i am quite miffed that CP-E wouldnt replace a set of "lifetime" bushings because i dont have the original slip of paper showing when i purchased it. The mount lasted 4+ years so im not fretting that much but it would have been nice to just say, "yes, send it in and we will press new bushings on it" instead of "no, we cant do it under warranty and it will be $40+ S&H to get them replaced".

For $40+S&H ill just buy another mount that i know wont come apart which i went with Boomba.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
The EPDM bushing has set pins on either side to hold it into position. The bushings were literally tearing and pressing out of the side of the mount.

The alloy parts are exceptionally well made. I loved the EPDM bushing also but i am quite miffed that CP-E wouldnt replace a set of "lifetime" bushings because i dont have the original slip of paper showing when i purchased it. The mount lasted 4+ years so im not fretting that much but it would have been nice to just say, "yes, send it in and we will press new bushings on it" instead of "no, we cant do it under warranty and it will be $40+ S&H to get them replaced".

For $40+S&H ill just buy another mount that i know wont come apart which i went with Boomba.
I think Dpro may have an IN @ CPE...you should talk to him. The CPE stuff is like Moses parting the water according to him.

OP
kevinatfms

kevinatfms

Thread Starter #9
I think Dpro may have an IN @ CPE...you should talk to him. The CPE stuff is like Moses parting the water according to him.
Im done with CPE at this point. So i went with Boomba and will never purchase another CPE product. I walked into their place when it was right in Maryland, bought the mount and installed it. Why they have ZERO customer records from their time in Maryland is beyond baffling. They moved and anything prior to that move just vanished.

Instead of taking the mount and finding out what happened(and fix the design), fixed it with a new set of bushings they just lost a customer for life. Id pay shipping also. I just dont understand the "lifetime" warranty when you wont honor it.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Im done with CPE at this point. So i went with Boomba and will never purchase another CPE product. I walked into their place when it was right in Maryland, bought the mount and installed it. Why they have ZERO customer records from their time in Maryland is beyond baffling. They moved and anything prior to that move just vanished.

Instead of taking the mount and finding out what happened(and fix the design), fixed it with a new set of bushings they just lost a customer for life. Id pay shipping also. I just dont understand the "lifetime" warranty when you wont honor it.
Come on....Give them paper weight status ....ornament is too elegant!

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

OP
kevinatfms

kevinatfms

Thread Starter #11
Come on....Give them paper weight status ....ornament is too elegant!

Ill have to bring it into work and throw it on my desk to hold down my papers and take a photo. That is all its good for at this point.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Ill have to bring it into work and throw it on my desk to hold down my papers and take a photo. That is all its good for at this point.

Thats completel BS that they don't have record though of you purchasing it. I have a Boomba RMM and I just called them....they looked it up and I sent it to them to get new urethane poured into it. Just like that Easy as pie!

OP
kevinatfms

kevinatfms

Thread Starter #13
Im happy so far with the Boomba mount. Ill see this weekend how it really performs at the trackcross.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club

I'm wondering if stuff like this is at least part of the reason why Mitch parted ways with them. [dunno]

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Dude just stop the BS fucking trolling.
You like Cpe right? [emoji818] ....You think their stuff is superior...[emoji818]. So where is the Trolling?

Last edited:

Dpro

6000 Post Club
You like Cpe right? [emoji818] ....You think their stuff is superior...[emoji818]. So where is the Trolling?

actually you exaggerate . I stated where and how it works but you conveniently overlooked that with typical trollish behavior. Your intercooler is fine on engines putting out 350hp or more. It’s un needed below that but you would not seem to know that as you are part of if its bigger it must be better crowd.
Anyone looking at 300whp will get by fine with a Whoosh V3 or CPE.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
actually you exaggerate . I stated where and how it works but you conveniently overlooked that with typical trollish behavior. Your intercooler is fine on engines putting out 350 hp or more. It’s un needed below that but you would not seem to know that as you are part of if its bigger it must be better crowd.
Dpro...

Last edited: