Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Godspeed MonoSS Coilover install guide and review

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Can Godspeeds be raised up more than factory ride height any? Is it a pain to adjust them any also?

OP
Maihyo
Thread Starter #22
Can Godspeeds be raised up more than factory ride height any? Is it a pain to adjust them any also?
I cant say for sure, but I'm condident it can reach stock ride height. I did manage to cram 225/50/16's on my car(with many issues not related to ride height)

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I wish there was a set of coilovers that would raise the vehicle up more than factory ride height for those who rally or want to be up higher due to inclement weather/ The Devils dandruff!

PunkST

2000 Post Club
^ have you looked at the DNA camber plates? That might make the setup pretty much perfect.

If youre liking the godspeed coilovers thats really good. I'll check that other setup too.

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
^ have you looked at the DNA camber plates? .
Not sure if they'll fit properly, it depends on the diameter of the strut rod of these coils.

I'd rather spend the $ on silvers or fortune and do it once instead of $600 on coils then $360 on the DNA parts.It works out about the same.

OP
Maihyo
Thread Starter #27
^ have you looked at the DNA camber plates? That might make the setup pretty much perfect.

If youre liking the godspeed coilovers thats really good. I'll check that other setup too.
Im running the dna rear camber plates, they make a front camber solution as well?

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Yes. Upper camber plates with two strut rod diameters ( so you will have to measure). And also front control arms that probably give a bit of adjustment as well.

OP
Maihyo
Thread Starter #29
Yes. Upper camber plates with two strut rod diameters ( so you will have to measure). And also front control arms that probably give a bit of adjustment as well.
Good to know, Sounds like some good christmas presents to myself lol

PunkST

2000 Post Club
I want a lot dna's offerings. Gotta watch my money though

I as well have Godspeed mono SS, and after almost 13,000 miles on my behalf and roughly 10,000 from the previous owner (slammed) I can honestly say that they are still holding up. I don't know how exactly but they are, I wouldn't suggest these really for anyone. Unless you're the type of person that just wants coilovers at the cheapest possible price.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

I as well have Godspeed mono SS, and after almost 13,000 miles on my behalf and roughly 10,000 from the previous owner (slammed) I can honestly say that they are still holding up. I don't know how exactly but they are, I wouldn't suggest these really for anyone. Unless you're the type of person that just wants coilovers at the cheapest possible price.

oh that isnā€™t very reassuring, what donā€™t you like about them?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
The only thing I've found off putting about coil overs is that you really should get an alignment after you adjust them up or down to be properly correct*

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

A proper alignment is key. With Godspeed you get what you pay for, there are slight improvements compared to the OEM shocks and struts. It does feel less jarring around town in certain spots and far less want on the freeway, but the valving chosen by Godspeed does not feel right, the car felt imbalanced. Recently after adding a trunk brace and camber plates to the rear via Dpro the car now feels balanced/square as it did when I bought it.

The coating is chipping off slowly due to surface rust underneath. Adjustments knobs are not the most precise, not like Koni's. Although the Godspeed rear cartridge is easier to adjust than koni.