Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Goo gone safe on dashboard?

So I had a gps mount attached to my dash with some industrial strength adhesive backed Velcro, and after removing it there's a rectangle of left over adhesive that APC and IPA won't touch.

Wondering if anyone could confirm if there are any citrus-based adhesive removers like Goo Gone that are safe on our dashboards (the rubbery top part). Tried searching around a bit and didn't find anything.

Thanks!

It shouldn't be a problem. Try it in an inconspicuous area first, like between the door and the dashboard at the base of the A pillar. Just clean off right after.

Also, awesome username.

OP
BlackBeanAndRice
Thread Starter #4
I did not try wd-40.

Did test the goo gone by the pillar and all seems well. So for anyone wondering, yes, the Fiesta dash seems Goo Gone safe.

Then realized my residue is on the smooth part behind the infotainment screen, where there's not really a great place to test, so I just went for it. It's fine. Works there, too. Think i got spooked by using goof off in the past, which is petroleum based instead of citrus.

Several applications later I've reduced it to a very faint partial outline. I think i need to very very lightly abrade it with like a magic eraser or something, so the goo gone can get the last of it. My fingernail worked up till that point.

Anyways, 99% gone, and not noticable in any way, you have to look for it from inside the car. Before you could see it from outside and from the inside in the windshield reflection of the dash.

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club
Yes, it's completely fine to use. I used it the other day for that purpose, to remove adhesive from double stick tape.