Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Gore cap?

Hi all, what is this cap? My brother broke it when installing the short shifter. His hand slipped and the cap's internal clips broke.

I ended up JB Welding the cap to the body because I need to use my car tomorrow.

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk

OP
F
Thread Starter #7
What is the part for? It's going to taking awhile for the part to come in. Is there a small vent that allows air to come into the transmission?

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk

Sekred

1000 Post Club
As I mentioned it is a breathing vent. These usually have a kind of mesh inside them. As the transmission heats up it allows the air to escape and traps any oil mist from making a mess over time. When the transmission cools and the air is suck back in it filters dust from entering over a period of time.
Sometime these things are replaced during a major service like 100,000 kms. I have seen these vents block up with crap mainly in dusty environments. Pressure can build up enough to cause some oil leakage from the seals, pretty rare though.