Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Green filter drop in question

Hey everyone i just received my green filter. I currently have it installed but while i had it out i noticed how thin and well transparent(much more than any k&N ive ever used) it was. I know its supposed to flow better then factory but am i putting my motor at risk for somthing that really isnt creating that much of a gain? I live in az and for those that dont know its hella dusty so that is my main concern, anyone with any green filter experiance if you could chime in that would be great.

me32

1000 Post Club
Your fine. Your over thinking it. But then again if your over thinking it your best bet is to take it out put back to stock and sale it.

OP
Tr1cycle
Thread Starter #3
I wouldnt say over thinking it. Merely somthing i noticed and i figured i could ask for some input from other people that have experiance with this brand.

Bluedrank

I noticed the same thing. Honestly, I've heard of them referred to before as rock filters. The truth is that it's more than likely nowhere near as effective in filtering dirt as the stock paper filter is, but it will flow better. I think it's a trade off. In Florida we don't really have much dust or dirt, so that's not as big of a concern for me personally.

Quisp

1000 Post Club
Just abrasive sand. There's an extensive test done if you search. A lot of fine dust passed through the K&N. You can monitor air filter pressure differentials on the AP.

OP
Tr1cycle
Thread Starter #6
Guess i need to aquire an ap then haha. Drove it today kinda wish i would have installed it before my exhaust since i cant hear much a difference like everyone praises

Bluedrank

Guess i need to aquire an ap then haha. Drove it today kinda wish i would have installed it before my exhaust since i cant hear much a difference like everyone praises
I honestly didn't notice really any difference in sound when I installed the green filter paired with the stock exhaust. If you want intake sound I think you just need to bite the bullet on a full intake.

Pretty much a balancing act, the more air flow the less filtration of smaller particles. The better the filtration the less the air flow. I recall coming across a test of a bunch of different filter media and K&N had the best air flow but they also allowed more particles to pass into what would be the motor.

Your fine. Your over thinking it. But then again if your over thinking it your best bet is to take it out put back to stock and sale it.
You used your three times in that post. Only once correctly.