Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

H Street: father son adventure

How many laps do you guys get at your AutoX? Here we only get 8 and it's really a pain (imo) to drive an hour for only 8 runs. Other places I've done in the past was about 12.

I'm just not sure what the norm is.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
How many laps do you guys get at your AutoX? Here we only get 8 and it's really a pain (imo) to drive an hour for only 8 runs. Other places I've done in the past was about 12.

I'm just not sure what the norm is.
At the NNJR Region events back in the early '90s we got FOUR. [:(]

The seat time to bucks spent ratio is what totally turns me off from autocross nowadays.
$80.00 entry fees for 4-6 one minute to one and a half minute runs plus travel, and 200 tread wear tire wear expenses, NO THANKS.

The seat time to bucks spent ratio is what totally turns me off from autocross nowadays.
$80.00 entry fees for 4-6 one minute to one and a half minute runs plus travel, and 200 tread wear tire wear expenses, NO THANKS.
I'm going to have to agree. For the money $80/a whole day is 3x10 minute sessions at a karting place.

At the NNJR Region events back in the early '90s we got FOUR.

I'm going to have to agree. For the money $80/a whole day is 3x10 minute sessions at a karting place.

Our region typically gets 8-10 runs, 12 on a good day… but even with more runs I can understand the feeling and wouldn’t argue the seat time per dollar is better at almost any kind of track session.

However, I have to say that I love driving autocross. It is not really about ‘competitive needs’ for me, other than with myself, trying to improve with the constraints of a different track each time, and limited prep and limited attempts at improvement.

I have always felt like autocross is like a driving road course in fast forward. Most big tracks are 8-10 turns in 2-3 min or so, while autocross can be 10-20 turns in 45-60 seconds. So, it is very condensed in terms of the fun parts, meaning the turns! Although friendly competition is also a good side effect for me.

Thats just one opinion though…

Also do not want to hijack M3Kerrys thread, so I will get back to the response I was meaning to write….

I saw this post and was jealous thinking your area was opening for driving again… then I saw the data of March on the clip! Had me going there for a minute.

OP
m3kerry
Thread Starter #129
Texas is racing again. Arkansas and Mississippi I have not seen dates yet

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

$80?!?!? wow thats crazy. We typically only get 5 runs here in Portland, but its only $35 entry.

1st time on the new shocks and bar. Felt pretty good about 15th on index. It was tight

Looks really good, you kept things nice and tidy. I was stunned how much better the Konis felt when I got them on. I havent done a bar, I assume you did a rear bar? I havent had any issue with rotating the car. I would like to try a front bar to try and keep the front planted for getting out of corners... but at the cost of potential pushing...

OP
m3kerry
Thread Starter #134
Looks really good, you kept things nice and tidy. I was stunned how much better the Konis felt when I got them on. I havent done a bar, I assume you did a rear bar? I havent had any issue with rotating the car. I would like to try a front bar to try and keep the front planted for getting out of corners... but at the cost of potential pushing...
Front bar.

Sent it to the race shop. They had to drop the subframe. Chris carris is running that setup.

I like it. I’ll look up the brand.

So I ordered up the Eibach 25mm front bar, hoping to get it installed for Packwood next weekend. Race shop thought it would hurt coming out of sweeper corners, lifting inside tire so have to wait to get the power down, but would make up for it through the slalom/transition areas.

That course was not a FiST course,, no way to take advantage of its size. Im betting the larger High HP cars did well.

WHat capture softwar are you running? I see your getting close to 6300rpm in a few places, did it ever hit the limiter??