Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Hard Acceleration and almost did the money shift.....

Plainrt

1000 Post Club
Exactly. Trans shouldn't go into first that easy like that. Was pretty pissed while looking like a d bag that couldn't drive at track day. As said I have had many cars and never had one do this.

Mine refuses to go into first unless I'm nearly stopped or I rev match. Of course, I don't try to jam through the heavy resistance or anything, but it's odd that I seem to be the only one in this thread with a FiST that does this. I've had the Boomba RMM since around 3k miles (at 12k now) and still have the stock shifter.
Yup, this is how it is supposed to be. The manual even tells you not to shift into first above 15 mph or it could damage the clutch. I find it resists going into first at anything above 10 mph unless it is perfectly rev matched.

OP
OrangeFiST
Thread Starter #23
Well, I just got the Cobb RMM today and its great. I can feel it shifting way better among the other good things. Hopefully, no more 1-2-1. Thanks for helping me make the decision.[woot]

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Any RMM will make a large difference in shift feel....adding a short throw shifter or adapter only adds more to the feel. I have the Boomba mount and a fswerks trans adapter set to 25% ...love them to death. It really makes me wonder sometimes why they just don't so have this shit at the factory. But then I know all about cost saving measures.[werd]