Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Has anyone painted their valve cover?

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
We don't have an attractive/traditional valve cover so I personally don't want to paint it to draw more attention to it. But that's just me. Just me and 99.5% of this forum I suspect.

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Ok that I could get on board with. Was going to trash mine but might try this. Btw that's the engine cover not the valve cover.

OP
Peterson

Peterson

Premium Account
Thread Starter #10
Yeah I mean the plastic valve cover, not the engine cover. I hate the engine cover and never have it on. I think it could look pretty neat to see the area around the oil cap and coil packs be a different color.

Yes I am very aware it adds no horsepower. I am taking the valve cover off soon to get my injectors cleaned, so I figured I’d ask if anyone painted the plain black plastic. It’s gonna be off anyways πŸ€·πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ

Intuit

3000 Post Club
It adds 0.0000000000000000001482761 lbs and thereby makes the car slower. No.

Personally don't spend any resources prettying-up things that remain out-of-sight, but @Crv 's engine cover does look pretty good. Mine of course would be Kona Blue. πŸ˜‰

Engine cover removed, our engine isn't exactly pretty... lots of "random" lines running in every which direction. (photo from different model vehicle)
If you do it, be sure to follow up with a photo or few. Curious.
For the uninitiated, the plastic dome piece is some part of the exhaust manifold I believe. Shows how far plastics have come.
1610324747137.png

OP
Peterson

Peterson

Premium Account
Thread Starter #12

Personally don't spend any resources prettying-up things that remain out-of-sight, but @Crv 's engine cover does look pretty good. Mine of course would be Kona Blue. πŸ˜‰

Engine cover removed, our engine isn't exactly pretty... lots of "random" lines running in every which direction. (photo from different model vehicle)
For the uninitiated, the plastic dome piece is some part of the exhaust manifold I believe. Shows how far plastics have come.
YOU have an untidy engine bay. I have a 2J Intake, smaller battery, and Damond OCC that routes a lot of stuff away from the coil pack area. I do believe you’d have to paint the plastic cover on top of the plastic valve cover to make it look like one thing. I’ll find the part numbers of the

Intuit

3000 Post Club
YOU have an untidy engine bay. I have a 2J Intake, smaller battery, and Damond OCC that routes a lot of stuff away from the coil pack area. I do believe you’d have to paint the plastic cover on top of the plastic valve cover to make it look like one thing. I’ll find the part numbers of the
Not just me, likely greater than 95% of people. πŸ˜‰
Post a photo. Using a computer you can just copy/paste the photo directly into the text box area... no longer any need to upload and link from an external site.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club

View attachment 37519
Are you speaking to that plastic thing right in front of the crossover intake piping?? [???:)]

I am with you on the engine bay blingy shit, I will not even do an aftermarket battery tie-down, and I WANT the engine bay to look as 'factory' as possible, for many reasons.

I'd rather spend coin I do not have on actual functional items (except for the exhaust system in my case), but hey if you've got the bucks, go to town! [wink] [thumb]

OP
Peterson

Peterson

Premium Account
Thread Starter #16
Are you speaking to that plastic thing right in front of the crossover intake piping?? [???:)]

I am with you on the engine bay blingy shit, I will not even do an aftermarket battery tie-down, and I WANT the engine bay to look as 'factory' as possible, for many reasons.

I'd rather spend coin I do not have on actual functional items (except for the exhaust system in my case), but hey if you've got the bucks, go to town! [wink] [thumb]
What bucks? A can of $8 high temp plastic paint? πŸ˜‚