Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Hatchback release/lock mechanism not functioning

savrvs

BLUF: Does anyone have a link to the body harness wiring diagram (specifically the hatch release mechanism) for the fiesta st? I'm specifically trying to identify the white/blue, blue/white, yellow/red, and black/purple wires that run to the connector for the hatchback lock and release mechanism.

The hatch open/release and lock functions have stopped working both via the button on the hatch and via the fob. If I hit the fob, the amber lights flash like normal but nothing happens. Additionally, the vehicle seems to recognize that it's closed - at least enough to shut off the trunk light and let me start/drive the car without a dash light coming on. It does however give me the door left open chime every time I open or close the doors to get in.

Any help is greatly appreciated - the only diagrams I've found are locked behind paywalls.

Edit: A bit more background because I think it's unlikely to be just a bad mechanism. I pulled the rear hatch off because the hatch lid on the body proper had lost all its paint and was rusting pretty good (after 2.5 years). After all the cleaning, masking, repainting I mounted the hatch back on and refed the body harness back up to the hatch harness. The only thing I can think of is that one of the wires either abraided or was strained enough to short during the process - my central locking fuse is good and all other rear hatch functions (defrost, backup cam, wiper, etc) are 100%. I'm trying to troubleshoot it short of redisassembling the entire hatch.

Last edited:
OP
S

savrvs

Thread Starter #2
I was fortunate enough for someone to send me the wiring diagrams for a 2014 st - I assume that the diagrams are the same for the body harness of my 2019.

Using this, I was able to test the release motor, and it works just fine when supplied 12v directly. I also checked all of the tertiary fuses associated with the circuit; they check out as well.

I'm not getting continuity between the green/white and black/violet wires when I hit the hatch release on either the fob or the hatch itself, which if I'm reading the diagram correctly should allow power over the blue/white wire to actuate the hatch release. Does this logic check out? Any suggestions?

Thanks again for any and all assistance!

Attachments

Intuit

3000 Post Club
On rare occasion I'll go back there and be press, press, press with nothing happening until it occurs to me to move my hip closer.

Look at the antennae array and verify that your remote is being detected. Dunno whether this applies only when the car is locked. Easy enough to test.

Besides that, one potential failure point is the switch itself. Perhaps you can jump/short the switch's wire to simulate activation. (poke straight pin through insulation)