Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Hello Everyone! new fiesta st owner in tx

Hey everyone! I finally got my new FiST a few days ago and let me say this thing is so cool! I love honestly everything about this car. This is my first performance car but not my first time driving something fast but wow this thing really exceeded my expectations! This is also my first manual car so the learning process has been a little difficult but I couldn't see myself going back. Only issue I've had so far is some heat soak which is annoying but I plan on getting a new intercooler soon so I'm not too phased. The only question I have is how long does this car have to sit before it totally cools down? Other than that I am super excited to be a part of this community. fiestaaaa.jpg

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Welcome to the forum!
I would recommend upgrading the radiator and intercooler. Overheating issues are one of the FiSTs few problems, but thankfully they're not that difficult to solve.

OP
awsomeeye
Thread Starter #4
Welcome to the forum!
I would recommend upgrading the radiator and intercooler. Overheating issues are one of the FiSTs few problems, but thankfully they're not that difficult to solve.
what would you personally recommend? ive heard good stuff about both whoosh and cobb.

Just from the Whoosh parts the previous owner installed on mine I'm fully team Whoosh. I love the intercooler and hybrid turbo kit, also a big fan of the Whoosh ST 200 air box. Next spring I'm buying the Whoosh radiator and engine mounts. Despite pushing my 2017 hard this summer coolant temps on the stock radiator staid well with acceptable ranges or...maybe I wasnt thrashing it hard enough lol. Welcome to the FiST club. Happy driving.

OP
awsomeeye
Thread Starter #8
Ironically, I'm still on the stock radiator, but I would probably go whoosh. I've also heard good things about mountune.
yeah my car came with a mountune cai so I've thought about just going mountune honestly. I love the intake sounds lol. Thanks for the responses.

OP
awsomeeye
Thread Starter #10
Welcome from another FiST in Texas; I've spotted a few in my DFW area, but not recently.
I'm in the austin area and sadly i rarely see any other FiST's. used to live down the street from someone with a super clean molten orange one though, part of what made me wanna get this car lol.

OP
awsomeeye
Thread Starter #13
Are you the one with fl plates that im always seeing on N capital of tx. if you are we should meet up
no thats not me but we should meet up anyways, i stay central. i know a few good roads and would be down to find some new ones and go for some drives. pm me.