Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Hello from Austin, TX!

Hey all. I'm new to the forums and thought I'd do an introduction. I'm from Austin, Texas and have had my 2014 FiestaST since February. A couple of weeks ago I had Cobb Tuning Plano do a Stage 3 install and ProTune. We did baseline, Stage3 w/OTS maps and Stage3 w/ProTune dyno pulls. We saw a nice increase from OTS maps vs. the ProTune maps. Now to just keep the front wheels from spinning [cool] I have a feeling I'm going to be doing a BBK and Rims/Tires as my next mod. If anyone's in the Austin area drop me a line...

FocusMike

Welcome, I'm up here in Georgetown not too far from you. We should do a track meet sometimes. Any reason why you went to the Plano shop instead of the one down here?

Harvick

1000 Post Club
What kind of power results did you get up getting on the dynos?

OP
epoch
Thread Starter #8
Welcome, I'm up here in Georgetown not too far from you. We should do a track meet sometimes. Any reason why you went to the Plano shop instead of the one down here?
Cobb Headquarters in Austin no longer does installs. I contacted Cobb HQ about my Stage3 install since they installed the FMIC on my MS3 a few years back. I was told they stopped doing installs a couple of years ago. I was disappointed to hear this. My options were go with a local shop that I don't know anything about or go to Cobb Plano. I decided to go to Cobb Plano. It was worth the drive and overnight stay. The staff was awesome, super knowledgable, did quality work and seemed just as excited about my car as I was. I would make the trip again in a heartbeat, especially for any major installs. That being said I'm looking for a good performance shop in Austin to handle routine maintenance or assist with troubleshooting should I run into any issues . Preferably a shop with Fiesta or Focus ST experience or specializes in Ford performance. Anyone have any recommendations?

FocusMike

Cobb Headquarters in Austin no longer does installs. I contacted Cobb HQ about my Stage3 install since they installed the FMIC on my MS3 a few years back. I was told they stopped doing installs a couple of years ago. I was disappointed to hear this. My options were go with a local shop that I don't know anything about or go to Cobb Plano. I decided to go to Cobb Plano. It was worth the drive and overnight stay. The staff was awesome, super knowledgable, did quality work and seemed just as excited about my car as I was. I would make the trip again in a heartbeat, especially for any major installs. That being said I'm looking for a good performance shop in Austin to handle routine maintenance or assist with troubleshooting should I run into any issues . Preferably a shop with Fiesta or Focus ST experience or specializes in Ford performance. Anyone have any recommendations?
Oh I didn't know they no longer do installation down here. I'll send you a PM for the local shop here that has worked on my car.

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
Hey all. I'm new to the forums and thought I'd do an introduction. I'm from Austin, Texas and have had my 2014 FiestaST since February. A couple of weeks ago I had Cobb Tuning Plano do a Stage 3 install and ProTune. We did baseline, Stage3 w/OTS maps and Stage3 w/ProTune dyno pulls. We saw a nice increase from OTS maps vs. the ProTune maps. Now to just keep the front wheels from spinning [cool] I have a feeling I'm going to be doing a BBK and Rims/Tires as my next mod. If anyone's in the Austin area drop me a line...

Dyno numbers.

OP
epoch
Thread Starter #14
We saw some decent gains. The power band is much more dramatic now, you achieve max power by around 2900 RPMS and it starts to taper off. Literally learning to drive the car again.

Baseline Stock -> 167hp/207tq
Stage 3 w/OTS Maps -> 184hp/251tq
Stage 3 w/ProTune -> 193hp/283tq

Here's a copy of the dyno print out...

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
We saw some decent gains. The power band is much more dramatic now, you achieve max power by around 2900 RPMS and it starts to taper off. Literally learning to drive the car again.

Baseline Stock -> 167hp/207tq
Stage 3 w/OTS Maps -> 184hp/251tq
Stage 3 w/ProTune -> 193hp/283tq
Gd numbers as I think they use a Mustang dyno.

OP
epoch
Thread Starter #18
Im going there for a tune as well. Like like an hr away. How many runs? DId they do a boost leak test before?
I'm not sure about the boost leak test. I'm going to have to ask them. I don't remeber the exact number of runs they did. I think it was 3 for the baseline numbers. It was on the dyno for a few hours during the OTS and ProTune runs. I'd say it was in the neighborhood of 3 to 4 per set (baseline, OTS, ProTune). Overall I'm happy with the quality of work and level of service they provided. The car pulls hard! At WOT the acceleration force is insane. I love the feeling you get as it pushes you into the seats and launches. It truly has brought a new dimension and driving dynamics to the car. The Stage3 Kit & ProTune has brought out the fun and the "get in, buckle up, and hold the hell on" feeling is awesome! I'm definitely doing a BBK in the next few weeks, as right now I believe it's the weakest point in my setup.