Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Hello from Oregon

Kabuki Joe

Hello,

New to the forums, not new to the Fiesta ST, I've had mine for almost 2 years.

Stock as far as I know, daily commuter, average MPG back and forth to work is 32.

I'm waiting for the warranty to run out before I do anything because Ford Dealership has warned me about voiding the warranty.

2015_ST.jpg

So far, I love it!

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
Welcome to the machine.

When it comes to modifications, the problem/issue must be CAUSED by that modification for them to not have to honor the warranty for that repair. That means is comes down to their word of ASE mechanics backed by the dealer that doesn't get the same profit as non-warranty work, stating it is causing the problem (w/o any documentation that it does or a history in other vehicles that it causes the failure) vs. your word that it does not. The consumer, non-ASE certified, not backed by anybody. I had a Volvo V70 that was modified and had some issues. They didn't take too kindly to it, but I explained that the Magnuson-Moss Act states what I just said above. They backed down because my mods did not cause the issue.

Attachments

Last edited:
OP
K
Thread Starter #8
Welcome to the machine.

When it comes to modifications, the problem/issue must be CAUSED by that modification for them to not have to honor the warranty for that repair. That means is comes down to their word of ASE mechanics backed by the dealer that doesn't get the same profit as non-warranty work, stating it is causing the problem (w/o any documentation that it does or a history in other vehicles that it causes the failure) vs. you word that it does not. The consumer, non-ASE certified, not backed by anybody. I had a Volvo V70 that was modified and had some issues. They didn't take too kindly to it, but I explained that the Magnuson-Moss Act states what I just said above. They backed down because my mods did not cause the issue.
...I was going to put a chip in and they overheard me talking to my wife when I was getting an oil change...LOL...

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
When I was about 5 or 6, we lived in Clatskanie, OR for a year or so. I have one or two pics and very few memories of it. An A-frame house on the side of a hill w/bare framed walls and sheets to cover them. There was a real wood stove for heating the whole house. brrr. I also remember the smelt fishing.

Last edited:
OP
K
Thread Starter #10
When I was about 5 or 6, we lived in Clatskanie, OR for a year or so. I have one or two pics and very few memories of it. An A-frame house on the side of a hill w/bare framed walls and sheets to cover them. There was a real wood stove for heating the whole house. brrr. I also remember the smelt fishing.
...I love it up here...moved back to California, couldn't take it for more then a 18 months and then came back...