Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Hello from Virginia

Hello all, my name is James and i am going to be getting a Fiesta ST soon as my current DD is failing. The Fiesta is just such a fun package I could not resist. I have got a few mods planned out but want to hear everyone's opinions! I am going to be getting a Cobb RMM, a Boomba Bov adapter, and currently looking at the MRT rally sport exhaust. I live in Virginia, the land of strict car laws and speed traps! The exhaust seems quite loud, I don't know the legality of this exhaust and was just wondering if anyone has it or knows some info on it! Looking forward to being a part of the forum and community.

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Welcome aboard James [welcome]

Greetings. Also in the RVA area. Also waiting for my Fist.

The exhaust seems quite loud, I don't know the legality of this exhaust
VA has the most draconian exhaust laws on the books:

? 46.2-1049. Exhaust system in good working order
such exhaust system shall be of a type installed as standard factory equipment, or comparable to that designed for use on the particular vehicle as standard factory equipment.
An exhaust system shall not be deemed to prevent excessive or unusual noise if it permits the escape of noise in excess of that permitted by the standard factory equipment exhaust system

Basically, if it ain't factory (or quieter) it ain't illegal.

That said, I usually toss my factory exhaust as one of the very first things I do when I get a car and I've never been hassled. Done it with many cars for many years.

Young L

VA, 804 ! SOUTHSIDE mutha fuckers WHAT! get some WOOOOOOOOO! sorry had to get that out. As a fellow southsider from many years ago I wouldnt get the MRT either is my advice. Pay the extra money for a Cobb or Milltec something that will only be loud at WOT.

.......THATS RIGHT BITCHES WE RUN THESE STREETS! all day turnt up gettin it in, EARLY! TWO UP TWO DOWN!

airjor13

2000 Post Club
VA, 804 ! SOUTHSIDE mutha fuckers WHAT! get some WOOOOOOOOO! sorry had to get that out. As a fellow southsider from many years ago I wouldnt get the MRT either is my advice. Pay the extra money for a Cobb or Milltec something that will only be loud at WOT.

.......THATS RIGHT BITCHES WE RUN THESE STREETS! all day turnt up gettin it in, EARLY! TWO UP TWO DOWN!

I'm gonna start some sh!t but 703>804 LOL [hihi]

airjor13

2000 Post Club
VA has the most draconian exhaust laws on the books:

? 46.2-1049. Exhaust system in good working order
such exhaust system shall be of a type installed as standard factory equipment, or comparable to that designed for use on the particular vehicle as standard factory equipment.
An exhaust system shall not be deemed to prevent excessive or unusual noise if it permits the escape of noise in excess of that permitted by the standard factory equipment exhaust system

Basically, if it ain't factory (or quieter) it ain't illegal.

That said, I usually toss my factory exhaust as one of the very first things I do when I get a car and I've never been hassled. Done it with many cars for many years.

^LOL that's a good one.
If I may be so bold, where'd you go for your car? I ended up ordering from the dealer right in your neighborhood.

As far as Nova is concerned, getting a job in my field up there wouldn't be bad, not so sure I'd want to live up there though.

airjor13

2000 Post Club
If I may be so bold, where'd you go for your car? I ended up ordering from the dealer right in your neighborhood.

As far as Nova is concerned, getting a job in my field up there wouldn't be bad, not so sure I'd want to live up there though.
I bought mine from Koons Ford in Sterling. I wouldn't go back to them again if I had to, do it again. Ted Britt Ford in Fairfax is much better and it's 5 mins walking from my house. NOVA is a huge melting pot and jobs are everywhere, but the traffic blows, police are always on edge and people are not so nice! I love VA beach, always try to make a trip once a year, that and VIR! We have Summit up here but it's kinda meh.

Young L

Check out Richmond, everything you need in a big city without the big city feel.

I bought mine from Koons Ford in Sterling. I wouldn't go back to them again if I had to, do it again. Ted Britt Ford in Fairfax is much better and it's 5 mins walking from my house. NOVA is a huge melting pot and jobs are everywhere, but the traffic blows, police are always on edge and people are not so nice! I love VA beach, always try to make a trip once a year, that and VIR! We have Summit up here but it's kinda meh.
OH dam Koons?!? Yea I heard that family of dealers is awful