Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

hello st parts swap

so i really want a fiesta st but i cant really afford one, i can afford a base model with a stick very easily and i could go without the engine and trans from an st sooooo can i buy a base model fiesta and buy the oe replacement suspension components for an st and have a really fun car for not much money?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Go out and buy a used one* they can be had and at very good deals also. Keep in the hunt....Don't settle until you find one. You will be much much more happier. Trust me! Good luck and happy hunting!

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Or be different and buy the 3 cyl 1 liter Ecoboost. I always keep an eye out for those and will definitely pick one up at some point. Can reach stock ST numbers with a little effort.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
I'm also on a focus site and a lot of people are having massive engine failure with that 1.0 three cylinder. The timing belt is spun in oil and it shreds itself, and starves the motor of oil.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I'm also on a focus site and a lot of people are having massive engine failure with that 1.0 three cylinder. The timing belt is spun in oil and it shreds itself, and starves the motor of oil.

Interesting. I am a moderator on Fiesta Faction and there have been three maybe four failures. All were related to cooling systems failures. I also own one. I have put 76k miles on it with 35k on a tune and do not drive it easy.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Interesting. I am a moderator on Fiesta Faction and there have been three maybe four failures. All were related to cooling systems failures. I also own one. I have put 76k miles on it with 35k on a tune and do not drive it easy.
Maybe the focus is harder on it? I know at least 3 people by 100,000 mi who have had their engines fail. I personally don't consider that acceptable.

https://www.focusfanatics.com/threads/oil-pump-belt-failure.812421/

Last edited:
so i really want a fiesta st but i cant really afford one, i can afford a base model with a stick very easily and i could go without the engine and trans from an st sooooo can i buy a base model fiesta and buy the oe replacement suspension components for an st and have a really fun car for not much money?
You can find 2014 FiST used without Recaro seats and with some accidents on file or with high mileage for less than $10k.

Take a look at this one here in the forum for $12.5k in Perris, CA:

https://www.fiestastforum.com/threads/socal-2015-race-red-w-recaros-12-500.25500/

OP
T
Thread Starter #10
thankyou holo but i dont think i want a already modified one, or a red one. that is a good price tho i think i wanna keep the suspension stock

OP
T
Thread Starter #11
and i agree my research has scared me away from the 3 cylinder, and i think i want a light/moderate tune on the 1.6

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
thankyou guys i think your right an a real st can be had for a reasonable price what to you guys think of this is got a clean carfax.
Used 2016 Ford Fiesta ST Hatchback for sale in NORCO, CA 92860: Hatchback Details - 574802411 - Autotrader
ima go drive it tomorrow morning
That color is always beautiful. You said you didn't want a modded one but that one has been through some things. A 10 second glances shows wing risers, altered lower front grill, and some sort of intake installed, maybe a 2JR since I can't see it.

OP
T
Thread Starter #14
That color is always beautiful. You said you didn't want a modded one but that one has been through some things. A 10 second glances shows wing risers, altered lower front grill, and some sort of intake installed, maybe a 2JR since I can't see it.
the blue one is modded?

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Let see:
Plastic Grill slats for intercooler have been removed. Intercooler appears to be stock.
Added front splitter (you can see its little wings at the edge of the bumper by the wheel arches)
Added side skirts (you can see the little wings by the back wheel arches)
Added mud flaps
Added wing risers (but didnt clip the antanae so it and the wing will touch when the hatch is opened. no big deal)
Has the 2JR cowel intake (which is very loud) and thus missing stock crossover pipe and airbox
Missing engine cover panel
Original Battery
Looks to have an oil catch can (can see modified pcv hoses)

Good miles for a 2016 though. Im up around 61000 on mine. Kona blue is a great color, though the clearcoat is a bit thin.

OP
T
Thread Starter #19
i cant believe how much fun this thing is. i just drove it home tonight, its a bone stock 2017 its very clean and very nice. trans has a bit of a clunk occasionally between low gears? anyone?
and yeah i went to go see the blue one it was heavily modified had nitto tires or whatever and the blow off valve was piped into the cabin, very obnoxious, for me at least but ya i stayed away from it. nice guys tho.
how could you guys see the intake?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
i cant believe how much fun this thing is. i just drove it home tonight, its a bone stock 2017 its very clean and very nice. trans has a bit of a clunk occasionally between low gears? anyone?
and yeah i went to go see the blue one it was heavily modified had nitto tires or whatever and the blow off valve was piped into the cabin, very obnoxious, for me at least but ya i stayed away from it. nice guys tho.
how could you guys see the intake?
It was completely missing near the battery ....plus the pipe going into the cowl only indicated 1 thing*

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk