Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

HELP: AFR Going Super High

Hey gang,

So I have quite the concern regarding the Cobb AP and maybe the Cobb guys will have an easy answer for this.

My first modification I had done to my Fiesta was the Cobb AP. Love it. Plugged it in and was set on Stage 1 for several months. Then, I nutted up and finally got around to installing my Cobb DP and FSwerks catback. The installation was smooth and everything sounds great.

My problem is, I downloaded the latest Stage 2 and Stage 3 maps and then set the AP to Stage 2 thinking that would be appropriate given my simple modifications. In my AP i have it set up to monitor Boost, AFR and engine temps. I started paying attention to my AFR values after noticing it was spiking to 40+ during around-the-town driving. Consider me concerned! That's so damn high!

At first, I thought this may simply be because the car might not be warmed up all the way, but I baby the car around anyway. Am I about to detonate my motor here or is the AP misreading my AFR values?

Any and all help is appreciated.

iso100

1000 Post Club
40+ is normal for coasting in gear. It's a fuel savings strategy.

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
Is this really a question? People that dont understand the basics of cars performance shouldnt be modding...

re-rx7

1000 Post Club
Knowledge is gained by reading and understand basic operating priciples of AFR and DI engines.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Anybody here just wake up and know this stuff?

Anybody here that knew all there is about modding from reading a book or two or a magazine article?

I have been modding cars for 46 years and can do most anything up to full race builds, ground up, but I just never got into tuning so still learning as I have to but trust others that know more and I ask lots of questions.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
I Started out fixing it till it broke then rebuilding it faster !! I miss my 2 Stroke days and jetting them down till you meet MrSqueaky and go up one size :) lol
there are NO dumb questions yada yada yada ..

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Anybody here just wake up and know this stuff?

Anybody here that knew all there is about modding from reading a book or two or a magazine article?
This and This

You have to learn from things you do and others do around you.