Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

HELP! Frozen front brake calipers!!

Something similar happened to me...

Changed the fluid and blead the brakes on both ST's many times over the months: using an industrial vacuum pump attached to the bleeders... but this last time on the almost-new 2018 car, I also pressed the brake pedal to the floor perhaps even more so to get some extra fluid velocity into the bleeding proccess for any trapped bubbles. Pressing the brake pedal all the way down moves it away from the switches rather than any stress on them of course, but I had a dragging brake issue developing after a mile or so on the test drive and when I stopped it was locked up solid. ESC is turned completely off every time I drive, so didn't think it was a malfunction with the system at first, and the brake lights were not on when this was happening, and they came on fine when pressing the brake, and the pedal felt firm. Looked things over and noticed all four brakes were a little hot, and the hill assist was off and "unavailable" to select active.

Weird part -- looking at the pedal under the dash, it seemed perhaps lightly displaced, and when I lifted up by hand I felt a "pop" and it seemed to go into place slightly, maybe just 1/8" not too much. Looked and looked, couldn't find a reason for this, almost like a plastic bushing was out of place and snapped back, really not sure. WTF.