Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Help me pick my rims?

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Stock offset is actually 47.5, not 42.
There are aftermarket wheels that come in 45 offset and 17x8 at about $145 per, with the 4x108 lug pattern. I will look around for them, I forgot the name.
As for looks, the fifteen52 are sweet

EDIT: Advanti s1 storm! I believe they are also flow formed, so they are lighter and STRONGER
Oh shit I forgot about these. Ya these are pretty dope if you insist on staying 17. Not easy to find in stock though and also the offset is like 5mm different than stock so it will not fill your wheel well that much.
If they had these in +35-40 I would be all over them. They are readily available as well. Supplies are very limited and prices have gone up on them they now cost around $200-$225

To the OP besides the Storms, Hypergrams, Rota Titans even though they are cast are actually relatively light for the size.
Also you could find some used Pro Race 1.2’s with stock offsets. Though I think they look kinda weird in stock offset cause it makes them all Convex lol.
In the end this is way I am still going to drill my hubs for 4x100 because we just are stuck with only a few choices wheel wise in 4x108 if you want lightweight wheels.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Oh shit I forgot about these. Ya these are pretty dope if you insist on staying 17. Not easy to find in stock though and also the offset is like 5mm different than stock so it will not fill your wheel well that much.
If they had these in +35-40 I would be all over them. They are readily available as well. Supplies are very limited and prices have gone up on them they now cost around $200-$225
I like the Hypergrams, but they seem to extend outside the rim, meaning I could damage them a lot easier.
ya that is my beef with the Hypergrams. I do not want Rim designs where the spokes or center part is poking out above the edge of the rim for the most part. I know you can get Rallywheels with ducting that rises outward but this is a car driven on the street. Last thing I need is something sticking out farther towards curbs:cry::LOL:

Dpro

6000 Post Club
learn to park or get curb feelers, they are making a comeback, lol

View attachment 22976
F’ that lol, I know how to fricken park, wheel spokes where never meant to protude beyond the rim even going back to wagon wheels. Unless you are fucking Chariot Racing and are trying to kill your opponent. I.E. Roman and Barbaric.

OP
Hypergram

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #29
Hey guys! With these rims here (or any aftermarket rims for that matter) how does the tire pressure monitoring system work? Is it included with these rims?

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
Hey guys! With these rims here (or any aftermarket rims for that matter) how does the tire pressure monitoring system work? Is it included with these rims?
Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2s are very nice wheels for our cars, a lot of people on the Forum have used them.There aren't that many good options for aftermarket wheels in the somewhat rare 4x108 bolt pattern which we have. Unfortunately, they don't currently have a US distributor, but here is my thread about how you can buy them directly from the factory in England-
https://www.fiestastforum.com/threads/factory-direct-source-td-pro-race-1-2s.20121/#post-345626

Concerning the TPMS sensors, I had them switched over from the factory wheels to the Pro Race 1.2s when I got them because they were only a year old. They then have to be reprogrammed, which wasn't working, and it turned out that the tire shop had broken two of them in transferring them over. After some hesitation, they finally bought two new ones for me. If you don't have fairly new factory ones to transfer over, I would recommend getting new ones to add to your aftermarket wheels. Even if you check your tire pressure frequently, it's nice to have as a backstop. They did that for me one time when I got in the car and the light was on, it turned out I had picked up a nail and the tire was down to about fourteen pounds of pressure. Our tires have such a short sidewall that it's not always visibly evident that the pressure is down substantially.

OP
Hypergram

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #32
Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2s are very nice wheels for our cars, a lot of people on the Forum have used them.There aren't that many good options for aftermarket wheels in the somewhat rare 4x108 bolt pattern which we have. Unfortunately, they don't currently have a US distributor, but here is my thread about how you can buy them directly from the factory in England-
https://www.fiestastforum.com/threads/factory-direct-source-td-pro-race-1-2s.20121/#post-345626

Concerning the TPMS sensors, I had them switched over from the factory wheels to the Pro Race 1.2s when I got them because they were only a year old. They then have to be reprogrammed, which wasn't working, and it turned out that the tire shop had broken two of them in transferring them over. After some hesitation, they finally bought two new ones for me. If you don't have fairly new factory ones to transfer over, I would recommend getting new ones to add to your aftermarket wheels. Even if you check your tire pressure frequently, it's nice to have as a backstop. They did that for me one time when I got in the car and the light was on, it turned out I had picked up a nail and the tire was down to about fourteen pounds of pressure. Our tires have such a short sidewall that it's not always visibly evident that the pressure is down substantially.
Thank you for the heads up! Those rims are actually quite nice; I'll take a look at that thread. And I have 8000 miles on my stock rims so they should be fine I think. Nice to know I can transfer them over.

OP
Hypergram

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #33
For all those concerned, Fifteen52 just said that their 17' podiums are 19 pounds. I know we were looking for the weight of them in this thread a while ago. Not too shabby.