Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Help - Oil prime procedure not working

Installed a new turbocharger and trying to prime the oil through oil feed line but having no luck. Sump is full of new oil but I'm getting no oil up to the feed line when I turn the engine over with the starter.
I've done it so many times the ecu had thrown an excessive crank time error.
(60 seconds total of cranking without a start).
Anyone have any ideas before I have to pull the pan and check pickup and oil pump?
Car has 25000 KM on Odo.
Thank you.
Going to post this in the s280 thread too, apologies if you see it there also.

dhminer

2000 Post Club
I’m not sure I understand. The feed line is connected to the engine and the turbo, right? You could check if any oil is coming out the return line on the bottom of the turbo.

OP
unspankable
Thread Starter #3
I’m not sure I understand. The feed line is connected to the engine and the turbo, right? You could check if any oil is coming out the return line on the bottom of the turbo.
Thanks for the reply sir.
I got it figured.
To clarify-
I had the oil feed line disconnected from the new turbo to start so I could see the oil flow through clean before touching the bearing housing. Once it was flowing and clean I hooked it up to the turbo.
I wasn't getting oil flow because I pre filled the oil filter and it was causing a 'hydro lock'.
Once I switched to a new empty oil filter it worked as expected.
Found someone discussing it on an old Subaru forum post.
Saved me a lot of headache.