Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Help with chime gremlin!!

Ok, so my car is chiming everytime I get in it. It's like I've left a door open, light on, or key in it. I've checked all lights, doors, and the other key is not in it. Any suggestions? I've had the car for almost a year, and I've had it AP tuned from the beginning. Just can't figure it out......

I'm having exactly the same problem. Open the door and get 3-note chime three times. All lights are off and windows up. It will sometimes even chime when I'm walking around the outside of the car with all the doors closed. Any annoyance for sure. Mine's a '16 FiST with Nav.

One time my car told me one of my door is open as I was trying to drive away, stopped and checked all around my car, every. single. door. including hatch... everything was opened and closed... wouldn't stop. then I open and shut my drivers door, started driving and the chime disappeared. never happened again since. (knock on wood).

One time my car told me one of my door is open as I was trying to drive away, stopped and checked all around my car, every. single. door. including hatch... everything was opened and closed... wouldn't stop. then I open and shut my drivers door, started driving and the chime disappeared. never happened again since. (knock on wood).
Thanks. I'll try this, sing a chant and see if it helps.

Wythe

Mine is doing this now. Do any of you have an Accessport? (OP i see you mention you do) I just got one and installed it this past friday, and this weekend i noticed that it chimes at me now when i first unlock the doors, and i think after i close the doors after getting out (car off). I'm wondering if the AP reset something somewhere...

OP
D
Thread Starter #8
Ok, having started this thread I should have updated. My chime did not reference any open door on the dash. Just a chime when I got in and out of the car as if I left something open. One day I opened and closed all doors and hatch, and then the sunroof. Its been gone since then (several weeks ago). I have no data, but I suspect this is sunroof related so for those that have it try opening, closing and tilting the sunroof a number of times. If mine was not the roof, then it really was a gremlin cause it just want away and didn't come back.

I don't have a sunroof and mine still does it. I also don't have an AccessPort.

I did find this: if I get out of the car and lock the doors with the remote, when I later come back, unlock the door, and get in -- no chime. Could it be that the chime is reminding the owner that they didn't lock the door? If so, what an annoyance -- we don't all live in New York City.

I have this too on a '16, no nav, no sunroof. Dings every time I unlock and open a door (driver or passenger) I generally unlock with the door button and not the remote. I've gotten the walk around ding too, like it dings when the key is in range. I've had it go away and come back.

I've tried turning off the warning chimes on the stereo doesn't seem to help, also the setting always ends up back on.

My interior lighting keeps getting changed from blue to purple, but that's probably just something nudging the button that i don't notice.

Could something be draining a capacitor or eprom somewhere? I keep a GPS plugged in through the back seat charger and a cell battery backup plugged in the center console.

or you know, ghosts.

I have this too. Seems to come and go. Maybe I'll try opening and closing all the doors or locking the car with the remote.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
For starters, we need to produce a list of things that can produce a chime.

This is by no means a comprehensive (or accurate) list and not sorted based upon ignition on/off:
  • Warning/Information Message Stored (accessed via touch display and covers a lot of vehicle systems including key battery low, burned out bulb, etc)
  • Alarm triggered or malfunction
  • Door ajar (includes hood)
  • Seat belt (may apply to front passenger if system believes this seat is occupied)
  • Interior Scan Deactivated
  • Parking Brake On
  • Low Fuel (1 or 2 chimes?)
  • Dummy Light activated on dash (burned out bulb or bad LED?)
  • Not in Park/Gear (apply to man trans?)

I get this too...seems to happen for the first few times AFTER I have the car just turned to "accessory" mode, as in just pressing the start button and not starting the car. I always ensure I turn it back off before exiting the car. And I never leave my cars with the windows down, but sometimes leave the sunroof open on a particularly nice day...this seems to make no difference in my case.

I think there is something to what you're saying. Seems like that might have started this whole thing. Locking the car with the fob seems to have suspended the chime.

My car did this, tracked it down to what seems to be a glitch in the ignition system. What started it for me was pressing the ignition button without holding the clutch, to turn the ignition on only (I think I needed to close the sun roof or mess with something in Sync). After that, every time I opened a door, didn't matter which door or if it was locked first, I'd get the chime like the key was in the ignition. The ignition acted normally, you'd just hear the chime.

I've read about other having the issue and it goes away on it's own. I've only had the car for about a week and a half (brand new) and it did it for about a solid week before I got really annoyed by it.

I was able to make it stop by pulling the negative battery cable for 30 seconds. After that, it stopped doing it. Pulling the cable only resets the trip odometer and it's other functions (average speed, avg mpg, etc), the ECU didn't reset not did anything in Sync reset.

Did anyone find a solution to this? I just bought a FiST a month ago and it started doing this. Its driving me nuts. My car had a bad injector from the factory and now this...starting to get annoyed.

Mine did it once since my last post. Kind of randomly last week, I hit the button to shut off the car and the engine stopped but ignition stayed on. Then on the next time I got in the car, it chimed but not again since.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk