Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Help with clicking coming from glove box

So I just noticed today that there is a quiet constant clicking (2 clicks about every 10 seconds) coming from the glove box. I touched and listened to every replay and fuse in the box and it’s not any of those. Then I inspected the body control module and it’s coming from this. I unplugged and reseated all connections. When I unplugged the green plug the clicking stopped and the error is for tpms sensor. So I’m wondering what I need to fix at this point. Seems like there is relays inside the bcm. Can I open it up to change out or do I need a whole new bcm? I’m not getting any tpms or other errors when everything is plugged in just an annoying non stop clicking. I’m guessing it’s going to keep going because the car is constantly checking if the tires have enough air in them. Any insight would be very helpful. Thank you.

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
You're sure it's not the right side blend door actuator?

OP
STbro
Thread Starter #3
You're sure it's not the right side blend door actuator?
No it’s definitely not, that’s the first thing I thought of because I just replaced mine with a new one and thought I got a dud. But I tested this with the new actuator unplugged and I traced the sound to the bcm and am getting the relay ticking sound when the ignition is on and the green harness is plugged into the bcm. I had my hand on it and felt the relay ticking coming from this unit. I hope I don’t have to get a new bcm and then have to pay to get that programmed. If anyone had a wiring diagram and what those wires do going into the green plug that would be very helpful. I could only see the tpms error thrown when I unplugged it myself.

DoomsdayMelody

When are you hearing the clicking? I noticed a similar noise any time I got up above 50 mph, somewhat intermittently, turns out the weather stripping on the passenger side of my windshield broke a few locating tabs and it not kind of jiggles when the wind catches it right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
STbro
Thread Starter #7
When are you hearing the clicking? I noticed a similar noise any time I got up above 50 mph, somewhat intermittently, turns out the weather stripping on the passenger side of my windshield broke a few locating tabs and it not kind of jiggles when the wind catches it right.

The clicking happens when there’s power to the system. As soon as I push the start button into accessory mode it does 2 consecutive clicks every 10 seconds. It does it when the car is running as well and it’s non stop until I turn the car off.

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Turning on the heated seats creates a click from the glove. Maybe it's related??

DoomsdayMelody

The clicking happens when there’s power to the system. As soon as I push the start button into accessory mode it does 2 consecutive clicks every 10 seconds. It does it when the car is running as well and it’s non stop until I turn the car off.
So it’s electrical for sure, could always start pulling fuses to see if you can get it to stop? If it works that means you’ve isolated the system, and can troubleshoot from there.

Never mind looks like you already knew that!

OP
STbro
Thread Starter #11
So it’s electrical for sure, could always start pulling fuses to see if you can get it to stop? If it works that means you’ve isolated the system, and can troubleshoot from there.

Never mind looks like you already knew that!

Yes I tried that first actually and pulled every fuse and inspected, then I put my head closer in there and heard it from the bcm and traced it to the green harness that I pulled. I’m going to get forscan so I can replace the bcm and reprogram it. Definitely curious on opening my bcm unit up to see if there’s any issues I can detect.

OP
STbro
Thread Starter #12
Update for the issue:
It’s still ticking and it’s the equivalent to Chinese water torture. It’s quiet but non stop consistent ticking is driving me crazy. I hijacked my girlfriends old windows 7 laptop and downloaded forscan. I got the forscan certified OBDLinkEX adapter from Amazon and after hours of reinstalling windows 7, installing updates and updated drivers to the adapter I finally got it working on my car. No codes found. I saved and reloaded the bcm settings thinking that could maybe fix the ticking but it was a no go. Next step I’m going to purchase a new bcm but when checking the part numbers on mine I could only find used ones on eBay. The other ones have an updated part number which I’m sure would work for my 2014 but not sure about that. On the other hand the used ones on eBay could have issues with them being in crashes and with miles on them. Any advice?
My bcm part number is av1t-15k600-lj
The new one I found is DN1Z-15K600-S

https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-part...vPWZpZXN0YSZ5PTIwMTQmdD1zdCZlPTEtNmwtbDQtZ2Fz