Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Help with new tyre

Please help guys
Had 4 pilot sport fitted 200 miles ago but the feed back through the wheel at speed is pretty minimal
Would this be normal

Alignment has been done and tyre pressure are normal

OP
L
Thread Starter #3
205 40 17
The wheel feels light at speed and you have no idea what the front wheels are doing
Feels floaty
Not sure if that answered

SteveS

1000 Post Club
The cars we drove at Octane Academy had Pilot Sport A/S 3 on them and I didn't notice anything like that. Do you have the alignment sheet? Did they do it to the correct specs?

OP
L
Thread Starter #8
This is the normal pressure for uk models and yeh have the alignment sheet they are all fine

I experienced something similar to what you describe when I replaced the factory Bridgestones with Michelin PS 4 a couple of months ago. I have 17x7 Team Dynamics wheels and the Michelins are the stock size for our cars. The turn in is not pin sharp like the Bridgestones, but the grip is certainly improved. I found the ride to be somewhat less firm as well. Overall, I’m pleased with the Michelins.

OP
L
Thread Starter #10
Sounds right buddy
The question is without feeling through the wheel how do you know when they are approaching the limit or on the limit of grip

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
There is no Pilot Sport 4 in the factory size in the US. Are you sure it isn't the Pilot Sport All season 4?

Sounds right buddy
The question is without feeling through the wheel how do you know when they are approaching the limit or on the limit of grip
Fair point. I have to admit I haven’t pushed mine near the limit in street driving. Maybe a track day is in order... Cheers!

There is no Pilot Sport 4 in the factory size in the US. Are you sure it isn't the Pilot Sport All season 4?
Mine really are PS 4 in 205/40 17. I ordered them from Costco a couple of months ago. I just checked the Michelin US website and they are still listed as available in the stock size for our cars. I was really glad to get them!