Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Hesitanting on start?

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Ok so I flashed back to a stock tune, should I uninstall the Accessport right now too?
Yes, uninstall is the only way to get the stock tune 100% back on, Stage 0 will still show it as tuned even though it is nearly 100% similar to stock, you don't want it to show tuned at all so definitely uninstall= before bringing to the dealer.
And I'll say it again, the step colder plugs only took longer to start the first few times and hasn't taken longer in 14k miles since, I'll be replacing them soon anyway, running ethanol tunes and such some say to replace at 10k, 15k is good enough for me.... how long did you have the step colder ones in? Maybe those saying it takes longer have been running them a long time as I'm getting the opposite pretty much, maybe just now at 15k it is starting to take a little longer again and I have a new gapped set here, so I'm putting those in and changing the oil this weekend to prep for winter.

OP
Hypergram

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #22
Yes, uninstall is the only way to get the stock tune 100% back on, Stage 0 will still show it as tuned even though it is nearly 100% similar to stock, you don't want it to show tuned at all so definitely uninstall= before bringing to the dealer.
And I'll say it again, the step colder plugs only took longer to start the first few times and hasn't taken longer in 14k miles since, I'll be replacing them soon anyway, running ethanol tunes and such some say to replace at 10k, 15k is good enough for me.... how long did you have the step colder ones in? Maybe those saying it takes longer have been running them a long time as I'm getting the opposite pretty much, maybe just now at 15k it is starting to take a little longer again and I have a new gapped set here, so I'm putting those in and changing the oil this weekend to prep for winter.
Thanks for the advice. My step colder plugs started fine and got progressively worse and worse as time went on. I had them in at 9500 miles, I'm at 106000 now. I'll ask Jason at Dizzy too.

OP
Hypergram

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #26
Oh, OK, then they should totally be fine, that's really strange that it's taking longer to start as you put miles on, so yeah, doesn't hurt to check with Jason, he's super knowledgeable and nice, but sometimes gets busy...
Yeah, I sent an email earlier so hopefully, he'll get back to me soon. I checked the engine fuel pump on my Accessport and the readings were fine. The only other thing I can think of is the pump that apparently is in the tank.

I know this is an old thread but I'm having the same issue. It delays for like a split second when I hit push the startup button. Changed plugs and was fine when new and gets a bit worse as it ages. Did you find anything about it?

Old Mike Emerson

U.S. Navy Veteran
Something to, I do not know if NC runs winter blend gas, I know they do here in Ohio. I have the stage 1 Dizzy tune with the one step colder plugs and pregap that I bought from Jason. I have had no starting issues, but I also have a garage to park in, so that might make a difference to.

Something to, I do not know if NC runs winter blend gas, I know they do here in Ohio. I have the stage 1 Dizzy tune with the one step colder plugs and pregap that I bought from Jason. I have had no starting issues, but I also have a garage to park in, so that might make a difference to.
Possibly, I'm not so sure to be honest. I've always used 93 octane since owning it. I mean I have no issue running. Runs perfectly just that little thing that I'm probably just very picky about lol.

Old Mike Emerson

U.S. Navy Veteran
Possibly, I'm not so sure to be honest. I've always used 93 octane since owning it. I mean I have no issue running. Runs perfectly just that little thing that I'm probably just very picky about lol.
You tuned or stock and do you have any mods?