Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Hesitation while accelerating

Hi guys, wondering if yall can help me. A few times recently I've noticed the car not wanting to accelerate past a certain rpm. What happens is I'll be trying to accelerate quickly and as the rpms start to get higher the car just says nah I'm done and won't keep going. Last night for example I was coming off an on ramp pushing it and when I went to speed up it got to about 3.5k and then just held there. It's only happened about 3 times but last night it happened twice, so it seems to be increasing in frequency. Could it be a boost leak or something? Kinda concerned. Thanks in advance.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Hi guys, wondering if yall can help me. A few times recently I've noticed the car not wanting to accelerate past a certain rpm. What happens is I'll be trying to accelerate quickly and as the rpms start to get higher the car just says nah I'm done and won't keep going. Last night for example I was coming off an on ramp pushing it and when I went to speed up it got to about 3.5k and then just held there. It's only happened about 3 times but last night it happened twice, so it seems to be increasing in frequency. Could it be a boost leak or something? Kinda concerned. Thanks in advance.
Check engine light on? Mileage? Mods? Stock Turbo?

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

koozy

3000 Post Club
Yes and one by the firewall. There’s high and low pressure sensors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
If it's less than 3 years old and under 36k for mileage...take it to any ford dealer.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
If it's a running issue so that would be powertrain it would be five years 60,000 miles. To the OP if a car is under warranty it doesn't cost money.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

OP
J
Thread Starter #16
Alright well I have to take it in for them to fix the driver's seat that randomly broke so i guess I'll get them to look at this too. Guarantee they won't be able to find it though.

koozy

3000 Post Club
You’re probably right, if you say they won’t then genie will grant your wish. LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
J
Thread Starter #18
I say that because it's a small issue still that doesn't happen a lot and it's not throwing codes.

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
I say that because it's a small issue still that doesn't happen a lot and it's not throwing codes.
It does however log the complaint in their system. If you do that a time or two, and the problem does throw a code while you are out of warranty, you have a good chance to get them to fix it for free.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
It does however log the complaint in their system. If you do that a time or two, and the problem does throw a code while you are out of warranty, you have a good chance to get them to fix it for free.
This is very true.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Ford Community Posts