Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

HID kit for US ST

TheStig

As well, this is something that can wait for all of us I think. It will be cheaper, easier and safer i think if we wait for someone to bring out a projector at least.

But, if you can't wait and want to spend more money. I did a small amount of poking around and found this on another forum, I hope that is ok, if not please let me know.

There is information and a link to a forum for just HIDs. This gives you all the reasons to wait and all the ways/reasons to do it right if you cannot wait.
Good info there, but ALOT of tool bags on that website insisting on using plug'n'play HID kits which blind the hell out of others. Ive had them on cars before and realized later that they were blinding ME also when they reflected off signs. Ill just do a projector retrofit when I have the spare scratch.

Sekred

1000 Post Club
Australian specs

Head light 2.jpg

Mounting bolts,front width measurement.
Width front.jpg

Mounting bolts, rear width measurement.
Width rear.jpg

Mounting bolts, lens assembly measurement.
Lense mounts.jpg

Measurement, plus/minus around 2mm.

TheStig

To my knowledge for us US spec guys we cant just swap out to UKDM lights because their beam is setup to RHD. You Aussies are RHD too correct? The beam would be very off for LHD cars.

Sekred

1000 Post Club
To my knowledge for us US spec guys we cant just swap out to UKDM lights because their beam is setup to RHD. You Aussies are RHD too correct? The beam would be very off for LHD cars.
Yes, RHD. The beam could be another problem to add to the list.

TheStig

Yeah, im assuming for us non-projector crowd, the best bet is a HID retrofit.

Ive had cheap aftermarket projector headlights before, and they are far from great. Also they don't usually just come as OEM but with projectors, they will have crazy LED's and CFL Halo's and all that stuff. Sure looks cool at times, but its too 2001 for me.

BlueBomber

1000 Post Club
I could care less about having euro-cutoffs. Do the UKDM projectors fit USDM fiestas, and is the headlight pinout different?

TheStig

I could care less about having euro-cutoffs. Do the UKDM projectors fit USDM fiestas, and is the headlight pinout different?
in theory yes they should, the main harness appears the same, but on USDM FiST we have some block off's installed on the headlight harness. Otherwise it appears the same. Obviously the UKDM Fiesta has more wires going to it off the main harness due to more lights. I think there was an additional 6-8 wires on UKDM harness.