Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Highest stock turbo hp and tq numbers on e85?

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Never mind... I see what happened. Two cars; I took one and you were talking about the other.

OP
M
Thread Starter #25
I am def open to a meth kit it that will get me a noticeable power increase... Would love a car that does 110+ mph trap speeds...that's more important to me then the actual et's.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Having had M/W injection, tried all sorts of fuel additives, I like the idea of a 5th injector and filling up at the pump so you can skip all the hassle dealing with such things. If you have E85 locally you can mix your fuel at the pump and be on your way. The cost of the 5th injector is not a great deal more than a good W/M kit and E85 is cheaper than gasoline so it will pay for itself rather quickly.

You could also have a 91 or 93 tune and an E30 or E40 tune for situations where you cannot source E85.

For a bit more you can setup a gauge to monitor the exact ethanol blend you are running and adjust as needed.

---------

Side note: Looks like I will be making a bit of Methanol but mostly the more useful to me Ethanol in the not to distant future when I build a still:)

Having had M/W injection, tried all sorts of fuel additives, I like the idea of a 5th injector and filling up at the pump so you can skip all the hassle dealing with such things. If you have E85 locally you can mix your fuel at the pump and be on your way. The cost of the 5th injector is not a great deal more than a good W/M kit and E85 is cheaper than gasoline so it will pay for itself rather quickly.

You could also have a 91 or 93 tune and an E30 or E40 tune for situations where you cannot source E85.

For a bit more you can setup a gauge to monitor the exact ethanol blend you are running and adjust as needed.

---------

Side note: Looks like I will be making a bit of Methanol but mostly the more useful to me Ethanol in the not to distant future when I build a still:)

That Zeitronix ethanol content analyzer has definitely been worth the purchase. Adam told me to stick to an E35 blend, E85 not needed. I agree with you about using the 5th injector than the water/meth; looking forward to getting it in a tuned...

OP
M
Thread Starter #28
I'm sure this is a noob question but what is e30/e40 and where can I get it or find she'd I can get it near me?

It's an ethanol and gasoline mix. The "E" number denotes the percentage of ethanol that the fuel mixture consists of. So E30 would be 30 percent ethanol and 70 percent gasoline. Ethanol is basically alcohol and is very high octane allowing engines to make more power when tuned for it. A lot of gas stations in the midwest have ethanol mixes.

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club

233whp tune on $76 a piece front tires. E30-E40 fuel. Stock intake with cobb drop in.

Most people know that later I pushed it to 284whp with a 2J intake and meth injection.

As for E85? I think on a stock turbo, you could prob run straight E85 ( most the times about E70 actually, even though its "E85" ). But... Some pretty big dogs have said that more than E50 is a waste. The stock fuel system can super definitely keep up with a stock turbo after 3500rpm.

As for the cyborg? E50-E55 is the max. And if/when the temps drop, E40 is prob the max on a cyborg in the cool/cold air. The meth injection on E50 in the cold was REALLY nice. I have logs on my datazap ( but no one looks at them, every just ask questions ).

On straight pump gas, hijinx's car made an impressive 300whp on 93oct. That's freaking awesome. I'm not sure if it would support any E85 mixed in at that power level.

Cobb still owns the stock turbo record as far as I know. They made like 242whp on $17-$20 per gallon oxygenated race fuel and a stock turbo. That was widely debated, as were all the numbers cobb made on THAT specific dyno were "debatable". Lets not start that up again...

Dusty's car when tuned should just me WICKED for a stock based turbo.

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club

Its not such a bad curve :)

The stock turbo is what is.
Cyborg is what it is.
Big turbo is what is.
Which one do you want? Its a not 8.4L V-10 with turbos, you can't have it all, all the time :)

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
"( most the times about E70 actually, even though its "E85" )"

Just to make this more clear, E85 is a more of a name than an exact number, around 70% seems to be more common than actually 85% as it would seem.

You have to find out to be sure and different suppliers in an area may have different percentages.

To safely run your own mix the analyzer seems to be the only way to make sure you and adjust the mixture until it matches the tune.

JasonHaven

There really needs to be a general Turbo information thread for those of us who are kind of ignorant on what turbos have what qualities.

Can someone please confirm what's going on here.

It looks to me like these are really 11.8 and 13.339, after you take off the reaction time (or does it ignore the reaction time?). It was the same thing with Deadhooks epic run in Rodmoe's car. By the way, which one is which (I assume the faster is Hijinx's)

Were you guys texting while the lights were going down? lol (esondi has a good excuse, 2nd run in 15 years).

Best mod might be let SS drive; .082 R/T! lol

Not trying to upset anyone, really would like confirmation I'm understanding this correctly (in the meantime, I jest!)

Can someone please confirm what's going on here.

It looks to me like these are really 11.8 and 13.339, after you take off the reaction time (or does it ignore the reaction time?). It was the same thing with Deadhooks epic run in Rodmoe's car. By the way, which one is which (I assume the faster is Hijinx's)

Were you guys texting while the lights were going down? lol (esondi has a good excuse, 2nd run in 15 years).

Best mod might be let SS drive; .082 R/T! lol

Not trying to upset anyone, really would like confirmation I'm understanding this correctly (in the meantime, I jest!)
Reaction time isn't factor'd into the 1/4 mile time. The clock starts the second you leave the line. The R/T (Reaction Time) is simply how long he sat there after the light was green.

Since were posting 1/4 mile times hahaa I might as well jump in. Here's my car, all DHM parts, turbo upgrade, slicks, on 110 leaded gas with aux fuel system. #720