Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Hijinx’ Build

Giant turbo and no springs and cams or ported manifold? Did they bore over or hone it? If they bored it over weren’t they concerned about the water jacket being so close to the cylinder walls? What took so long? So many questions lol

OP
Hijinx

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Thread Starter #405
Giant turbo and no springs and cams or ported manifold? Did they bore over or hone it? If they bored it over weren’t they concerned about the water jacket being so close to the cylinder walls? What took so long? So many questions lol
More intricate details will come out soon enough.

As far as the turbo goes, I wouldn’t call it giant as it’s just a 2867. I think I mentioned it previously, but I HAD a plan to upgrade the head, but dropped it as time progressed because I needed that money elsewhere. I save my money for these things instead of putting it on credit cards. As completion became uncertain I used that money elsewhere.

If you’re asking what took so long since it was picked up by Panda Motor Works that question will have an implied answer once details come out.

If you’re asking why it’s taken 2.5 years you have to look at USDM Fiesta ST history. Long story short, my car had a DHM built engine which failed. Around the same time, DHM went under and the owner surrendered his tools for auction. Because we’re friends (and I did a lot of work for him) the owner kept my car and was going to rebuild it. He just never had the time, will and ability to fix it. So, we decided I would take it to Panda.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Perfblue15

1000 Post Club
Congrats on having a living car again. I hope the built motor FiST curse ends for you and this thing makes some jam. I know I was super happy when mine came home after a year. I really hope you break the 420+ hp mark on eth like I wanted to before I parted mine.

Good luck my friend [emoji106]. I'll be lurking for some numbers and the story of what all went down.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Congrats on having a living car again. I hope the built motor FiST curse ends for you and this thing makes some jam. I know I was super happy when mine came home after a year. I really hope you break the 420+ hp mark on eth like I wanted to before I parted mine.

Good luck my friend [emoji106]. I'll be lurking for some numbers and the story of what all went down.

Your 4 port Aux fuel is serving me well I will admit...Had Mitch @ cp-e install and dyno the car in So.Carolina last month!

OP
Hijinx

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Thread Starter #411

Thanks, man!

OP
Hijinx

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Thread Starter #412
And now... What you’ve all been waiting for...!

Sorry, y’all. For now, you get a cliffhanger. This is a conservative tune on 93. It was a last minute decision but I decided that I didn’t want to go full send. With that said, there IS more to come, but it will happen slowly. I should be reunited with this car tomorrow and it’s looking like good things are coming in the future.

OP
Hijinx

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Thread Starter #413
The car is home safely! Unfortunately, the axle seal didn’t didn’t hold up and there is also cosmetic and structural damage that was done to the front bumper. Neither of those things are Pandas fault... The seal was holding before I got on the road and the bumper damage was caused by Russ (owner of deceased DHM, he is paying for new OEM). So, enjoy these pictures of a clean car. Until I get the seal in she’s on jack stands.

It’s a never ending story, y’all.

OP
Hijinx

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Thread Starter #414
When Russ/DHM was shutting down, Russ moved my car to his father-in-laws he damaged the bumper putting it on the tow dolly. He then stuffed the bumper in the car where it sat for ~20 months in his possession. The result is a deformed bumper. This first picture is near the headlight.

OP
Hijinx

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Thread Starter #415
Worked on the Fiesta for a little. I got the bumper off and removed all the trim. New bumper is on the way. You can see the damage better in the pics. The wheels are off because I’m replacing the fender liners and because the passenger axle is gonna come out to replace the axle seal.

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I hope that Russ is okay and is doing well, but the way DHM ended really set a lot of people back. It sounds that if it wasn't the turbo failures (granted, not his fault) that caused DHM to explode it would have been the number of failed engine builds that left that shop.

I'm glad that you've almost got you FiST back to where you want it and look forward to reading of your future antics.

Last edited:

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Car looks great with the bronze wheels and those are solid numbers on 93! Looking forward to you ramping things up on E50..

OP
Hijinx

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Thread Starter #419
^^^I believe that those are the gold color 1.2s, but yeah, looks GREAT on the black car! [thumb]
Correct, but I thought that maybe he was referring to an older picture.