Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

hmm forget the Focus RS?

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Why wouldn't it be reliable if built well? At 300whp and the standard 15% loss, I'm pushing 350hp. [MENTION=9]rodmoe[/MENTION] car would be 450hp. But of course 15% is an assumed loss.

koozy

3000 Post Club
as much as I like the RS, I love my ST. I hope I love the RS when it arrives when I'm behind the wheel. The FiST is such a hoot stock or with simple mods and economical to boot. A FiST with 400hp would definitely be awesome.

OP
CanadianGuy

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Thread Starter #4
Why wouldn't it be reliable if built well? At 300whp and the standard 15% loss, I'm pushing 350hp. [MENTION=9]rodmoe[/MENTION] car would be 450hp. But of course 15% is an assumed loss.
I edited my post. Meant the source of the article not the car. I fully agree with you.

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
A recent quote from Ford Performance Engineering...."Rebirth of an Icon" / Episode 6

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KldDuwXV2Mk

"Getting the power and torque is actually the easy part...Its making sure that the engine then passes all of the reliability and durability tests is the real challenge" - Ford Performance Engineering Team

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
A recent quote from Ford Performance Engineering...."Rebirth of an Icon" / Episode 6

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KldDuwXV2Mk

"Getting the power and torque is actually the easy part...Its making sure that the engine then passes all of the reliability and durability tests is the real challenge" - Ford Performance Engineering Team
Also read as "sneaking a built engine past the accountants."

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
http://www.nseavoice.com/cars/forge...sta-st-is-the-real-pocket-rocket-1004125.html

Not sure how reliable the source of the article but a 400hp Fiesta ST. Very interesting if indeed ford picks it up and offers it through the ford racing program like some mustangs.

Here are details of the DSPORT Fiesta ST build from SEMA....

http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/6753-SEMA-2015-Two-Fiesta-ST-Debuts-with-Mods-Listed

"DSPORT went all-out with its Fiesta, extracting a whopping 400 hp out of the tiny hatch’s 1.6-liter EcoBoost turbocharged engine. A full top-down rebuild with forged internals, an uprated fuel system, and a larger turbo means the DSPORT Fiesta is ready to compete in the Pirelli World Challenge Touring Car class at a detuned 300 hp. To rein in this abundance of power and speed, the DSPORT Fiesta wears massive Wilwood front and rear brakes and Volk TE37 racing wheels. Pirelli P-Zero racing slicks keep the car on the track, with special aerodynamic touches added to the exterior. On the inside, a racing-spec eight-point roll cage was installed, alongside tight Sparco seats."

"DSPORT's project Fiesta ST is fully ready to hit the track, according to Ford, with Full-Race Motorsports, Mishimoto, BorgWarner, Cobb, CP-Carillo and more contributing bits and pieces, and possibly jacking the 1.6-liter four-cylinder’s output up over 400 horsepower. Keeping it off the ground are KW coil-overs, an Eibach rear anti-roll bar, and 17-inch Volk Racing forged wheels wrapped in Pirelli P Zero performance tires. A roll cage and Sparco-sourced racing seats and a Sparco steering wheel can be found inside."

Modifications:

Powertrain

•Full-Race Motorsports:
•SS Turbo manifold
•Exhaust
•Front-mount intercooler
•Aluminum intercooler pipes

•Mishimoto:
•Oil cooler
•Catch can
•Radiator hoses

•BorgWarner EFR 6258 Turbo
•BOOMBA injector plate
•RC Engineering 4 x 320cc/min port fuel injectors
•COBB Tuning Accessport V3
•CP-Carrillo CP pistons
•CP-Carrillo Carrillo Pro-H straight beam rods
•Club DSPORT Machine Shop engine assembly

Chassis
•KW 2-way independent adjustable coilover suspension
•Eibach rear anti-roll bar
•Wilwood 6-piston, 12.2” front brakes
•Wilwood 11.8” rear brakes

Wheels & Tires
•Volk Racing TE37V forged racing wheels
•Club DSPORT 4 x 100mm wheel hub conversion
•Pirelli P-Zero Racing Slicks (245/620R17) tires

Exterior
•Fifteen52 front lip extension
•Fifteen52 rocker extensions
•Club DSPORT Machine Shop front brake cooling ducts
•Color-sanded and buffed molten lava base color

Interior
•Design Craft Fabrication World Challenge TC-Spec 8-point roll cage
•SPARCO Pro ADV seats
•SPARCO steering wheel

frankiefiesta

1000 Post Club
Wonder if full-race will ever offer any of those goodies to the public. They have a really good reputation in the import scene. Top notch stuff

Edit: shot them an email just for the hell of it