Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Horrible popping noise going over small quick bumps

So I have had this horrible noise when going over small bumps such at a quick change in the road height, or a tiny lip on a driveway. I read about it around here but my sound does not sound the same. I am referring to this video ---> https://youtu.be/GS4v3QZf6XM My noise seems to be an audible bang rather than what I hear in the video. I'll try to get a video tomorrow on my commute but tomorrow I am calling up my dealer to discuss this. I know some people had issues with the dealers telling them it's normal so hopefully they don't give me any issues. Anyone have any input on this? Thanks!

Get it on a lift. Check all steering and suspension components. It's always hard to tell from a video. Could be as simple as a broken sway bar link to a bad control arm bushing or a busted strut mount. Have a tech look it over and drive it and see what comes up. Good luck hope it isn't anything major though warranty will cover it.

OP
Koobs
Thread Starter #3
Get it on a lift. Check all steering and suspension components. It's always hard to tell from a video. Could be as simple as a broken sway bar link to a bad control arm bushing or a busted strut mount. Have a tech look it over and drive it and see what comes up. Good luck hope it isn't anything major though warranty will cover it.
Honestly I've been so busy I'm just gonna take it up there. I got a video of it this morning and will upload it later today. Thanks for the reply :)

J2FoRS

It's probably your hatch cover. Lol mines annoying AF. I leAve it out usually.