Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Houston, TX (New Member Intro)

Hey all,

Been lurking awhile, this forum hits Google SEO pretty well haha.

I picked up a 17' Spice Orange Fiesta ST (attached) two moons ago and am about to be taking on some projects/going stage 2.

Previous to this car I owned a
21' WRX
02' Odyssey (daily for many years, loved that van until the transmission went out.. had nothing to do with my driving habits :ROFLMAO:)
89' 240sx first car

I've fallen in love with the Fiesta, not quite as fast as my WRX but man does it make me smile WAY more. To compensate for lack of straight line speed I've ordered the following to get her flashed with Dizzy.

Woosh RMM
Woosh Symposer delete
Drop in filter
VelossaTech Big Mouth
Mishimoto intercooler
NGK 6510s

I understand the stock air box does a decent job but figured a big mouth wouldn't hurt it and the other mods are inline with the numerous posts I read here and elsewhere about going stage 2

Looking forward to getting a bit more power and a more linear power curve.

For fun I got a good deal on some RokBlokz and installed them this weekend (attached)

This is the first car I'll be wrenching on (upgrade wise) and I'm looking forward to learning.

Though right now work has picked up so the car will be doing a lot of ambient sitting unfortunately... Including already getting a dead battery but by the looks of it, it's the OEM motorcraft unit and I'll be upgrading most likely to the Odyssey 96r-600 though the battery charger is keeping the other square for now.

Nice to step out of the shadows and I look forward to learning more.

PXL_20230802_191116726.jpg PXL_20230802_191145481.jpg Screenshot_20230905-173708.png PXL_20230901_231420018.jpg

OP
J
Thread Starter #7
Thank you all! Happy to be here.

Successfully installed the Symposer delete and RMM this weekend. Both made big differences in there own rights.

The Symposer delete is much more than sound difference, (I may have had a boost leak here though?), but I am noticing a much quicker Blow Off response (not sure how to articulate this but when I let off throttle or shift it purges much quicker) and the boost builds (gear dependant) 100-300rpms quicker. Also I'm a big fan of the "cabin noise" reduction... now I can actually here my powerplant versus a droning.

The Noise and Vibration from the RMM was not nearly as bad as what I'd read.

Intercooler and other 'stage 2' pieces going in this weekend.

Side note: this car gets many more looks/compliments than my WRX, I'm atoning it to the bright color... has this been y'all's experience?

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thank you all! Happy to be here.

Successfully installed the Symposer delete and RMM this weekend. Both made big differences in there own rights.

The Symposer delete is much more than sound difference, (I may have had a boost leak here though?), but I am noticing a much quicker Blow Off response (not sure how to articulate this but when I let off throttle or shift it purges much quicker) and the boost builds (gear dependant) 100-300rpms quicker. Also I'm a big fan of the "cabin noise" reduction... now I can actually here my powerplant versus a droning.

The Noise and Vibration from the RMM was not nearly as bad as what I'd read.

Intercooler and other 'stage 2' pieces going in this weekend.

Side note: this car gets many more looks/compliments than my WRX, I'm atoning it to the bright color... has this been y'all's experience?
Good mods.
I'm guessing it's the color. Mine's gray and I get very few comments on it.

ORANGEST

U.S. Coast Guard Veteran
'18 Orange Spice checking in... love your seats, mine are the grey Recaros and I have to admit I'm jelly.
I get a lot of "cool color" and "beautiful car" from non-car people. I get a lot of "rev it" from young people. Everybody else ignores me, including the police, which, I'm not even going to complain...

OP
J
Thread Starter #11
'18 Orange Spice checking in... love your seats, mine are the grey Recaros and I have to admit I'm jelly.
I get a lot of "cool color" and "beautiful car" from non-car people. I get a lot of "rev it" from young people. Everybody else ignores me, including the police, which, I'm not even going to complain...
Ahh jelly aside, yours will most likely age better (sun fade)

The reason I asked mostly was I had an M8 give me a 🤙 and it let me realize us here all drive decently unique cars in the FiST.

I've noticed that cops tend to look at my car as an ecobox; no surprise in the land of TX with V8s and lifted trucks, it's nice to blend in for a change.

OP
J
Thread Starter #14
An update (should probably make a build thread..)

This weekend I installed Intercooler, big mouth intake, sparkplugs and got my ECU flashed over to Dizzy 93 stage 2.

Also I mounted up the license plate

Some photos and captions from the time.

Headlights off and in the boot.

PXL_20230915_170705927.jpg

Taking on the bumper... fender-bolts, I was happy I had a lot of extensions and elbows (not sure technical name for the joints)

PXL_20230915_170724245.jpg

PXL_20230915_174951797.jpg

Cardboard diagram (good thing I made this because right after getting bumper/headlights off we got rained out)

IMG_20230915_131840_01.jpg

Rained out means Bumper on the dining table

PXL_20230915_203438869.jpg

And a sad Doggo who wanted an afternoon walk

PXL_20230914_213040207.jpg

While we where rained out, I decided to take the extra time and fix up my license plate mount and bend the back plate/license plate and frame to follow the lines of the bumper

(Stock mount, a bit angled for me)

IMG_20230915_163857_02.jpg

After some bending

PXL_20230915_220032653.jpg

PXL_20230915_221004212.jpg

Final fit

PXL_20230918_230314407.jpg

Now for fitting everything back up photo dump

PXL_20230915_181935478~2.jpg

PXL_20230916_160726053~2.jpg

PXL_20230916_184405480~2.jpg

Done
PXL_20230916_222821317~2.jpg

Victory dance

PXL_20230916_195531165.jpg

After finishing it all up and going on my test drive I just missed the next days rain storm.. BUT check out this cloud formation that Blue and I bumped into.. photo doesn't do it justice, but the center was concaved in by ~20ft

PXL_20230916_221940766.jpg

Before hitting some boost on the way home, doggo loves the boost.

PXL_20230910_161611457.jpg

Overall I'm very happy with the Stage 2 Flash tune from Dizzy, makes the car a touch more fun... following this and leading into next year will be chassis upgrades, we have a lot of sweepers here in Houston, and the rear body roll 🥐 is a wild ride haha

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
Awesome man! I laughed when I saw you using cardboard with labels for your nuts and bolts, I did the same thing when I did my FMIC! Good job!
Wait, I was supposed to be organized when I did mine? Haaa, I went half gorilla warfare and just laid them out in order they came out and somewhat grouped, top and bottom. No extras and none missing. Whew. I bag and tag other tasks, when needed. The squarish snack bags are good, not the long ones. Cut index cards to write on and insert.