Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Howdy from Houston

Locke

U.S. Army Veteran
Hey y'all.

I picked up my 2014 Fiesta ST brand new in early 2015 after hearing all the great reviews. Around 30k or 40k miles in, I added some basic mods and had it tuned by Stratified. Before COVID hit, I used to drive it a ton (140k miles at that point), but since 2019, it's only seen about 10k more miles. During that downtime, it developed some issues like water leaks, a stalling problem after refueling, a stuck window, and parts like the antenna and shift knob started falling apart from baking in the sun during hot summers. The window tint also started bubbling, it sprung a coolant leak, and the HVAC system began making an awful clicking noise.

I didn't want to mess with it at the time, so for years it just sat there, only occasionally driving to a store or to get inspections done to keep registration current. Recently, it threw an emissions code right before an inspection, which pushed me to start fixing things up.

Over the past month or two, I've tackled all of the mechanical issues, and most of the miscellaneous issues, and that's what brought me here.

In the past, I was more enthusiastic about cars and previously owned a relatively heavily modified '99 Mitsubishi Eclipse that I loved, and I hung out on the DSM boards quite a bit. As I got older and shifted focus towards my career and family, I sold that car and purchased the Fiesta. The Eclipse, with mods like Holset turbo, bushings, MR suspension, 2600lb pressure plate, etc... became a pain for daily driving. It guzzled gas and rather than being fun was actually an annoyance to daily drive, even miserable at times. Unlike the Eclipse, I never really planned to mod the Fiesta and wasn't active in any forums for it. It was just a reliable daily driver for me, a nice break from the DSM. But now, I'm here looking to fix it up enough to start driving it again. It's almost there.

So, I'm here to connect, especially eyeing the FS and WTB sections. It's ridiculous that Ford won't sell the OE shift knob separate from the shifter. Hopefully, with a few more fixes, I'll be back to loving my Fiesta ST.

tl;dr: Working on fixing up my Fiesta ST. More of a restoration than anything else.