Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

How can you tell what springs are installed?

I'm not sure how stupid this question may be.

My 2017 ST already had lowering springs installed by the previous owner. The Honda Dealer I picked this car up from didn't even know that. They look great and everything, but I have no idea what springs they are. Is there some way I can tell which springs were installed? Are there specific attributes to look for, or do springs traditionally have branding on them somewhere?

They look like almost dark blue in color, but I haven't gotten up close with them as of yet.

Your best bet is to take a wheel off and see if you can find a sticker or stamping with a serial or part number. Maybe others on here could tell if you take a picture of if.

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Ford performance springs are dark blue but i don't know if they made a set for the FiST. They would have the logo stamped on them if they are. Not all springs have logos tho.

Are the dampers black/OEM looking? I ask because the general consensus among enthusiast is a stock damper with a lowering spring accelerates failure of the damper.

OP
Fisto
Thread Starter #4
Ford performance springs are dark blue but i don't know if they made a set for the FiST. They would have the logo stamped on them if they are. Not all springs have logos tho.

Are the dampers black/OEM looking? I ask because the general consensus among enthusiast is a stock damper with a lowering spring accelerates failure of the damper.
Good to know. From what I've seen the Shocks/Dampers look stock. I'll try to get in there and take a closer look, maybe take a pic to see what the experts here can tell me.

OP
Fisto
Thread Starter #5
UPDATE!

Thanks for the responses guys. I had my car jacked up over the weekend to install a Velossa Tech Big Mouth and took a closer look at the Springs. They are H&R. The question now is are they Sport, or Super Sport. Seeing that the car is aggressively low (Almost tucked behind the wheel well), and I tend to scrape going over minor bumps....I'm guessing super sport.

So if I'm thinking of switching to Whitelines or Eibach Pro Springs, since it looks like those aren't quite as aggressive. What are people's preferences there?