Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Mk8 ST: how can I tell if it has an LSD?

This might be a dumb question and I apologize in advance.

Can you tell if the Mk8 ST has an LSD by looking at it? Obviously by driving, but on a normal test drive (if you're looking to buy) you are not going to be pushing it and the seller could have turned on the shift light and launch control via Forscan and just called it "Performance pack".

Thanks.

Which one are you looking at? ;-)

Check with Ford, or VIN check also shows it (Engine performance level - HIGH)

OP
ziga034
Thread Starter #4
Thanks to you both, I figured it was in the VIN I just didn't know what option should I be looking at.

@v0rt3x I bought one already, just curious:D

The AT black one?

Or take the undertray off, you can see the part # of the gearbox, if it ends with BHB it has the LSD.

OP
ziga034
Thread Starter #6
That one yes (hello bmwslo gang).

Thanks for info!

Easiest way to figure this out is to just find either a big puddle or dirt pile enough to easily lose traction on one wheel. Launch the car, if its LSD you'll feel both wheels pull together. If it's open you'll feel the tire in the puddle or dirt spin only since open diffs pick the path of least resistance.