Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

How does the Cobb Stage 1 tune compare to other OTS tunes?

pixelzombie

I finally got an Accessport and will just stick to stage 1 for now. Are there other options for stage 1 that are worth looking into that are reasonably priced?

Dizzy flash tune is $75 and you will feel the difference.What all mods do you have right now.

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
This. ^ A custom tuner will want to know what mods you have, and will start tuning from there. That's the idea behind "stages." An aftermarket intercooler, for example, will allow a hotter tune than a stock one.
If you have no mods, the tuner knows how "hot" a tune you can safely handle. My tuner gave me several revisions until I was getting the best power possible with the mods I had, while keeping the negative corrections to a minimum for safety and durability.
The Dizzy flash tune is cheap and will be quicker than the Cobb tune. Definitely worth $75.
If you decide to do a few mods down the road, a custom tune will cost more, but will be totally worth it.

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
I've done the symposer delete and a whoosh RMM & a K&N filter.
I think any tune from a custom tuner would be a big improvement. Not sure if Monster Tuned does a one-time set and forget it tune, but he makes this claim, which I find interesting:
Best stock turbo tunes on the market guaranteed! Only aftermarket tune with factory level octane learning and drivability (87-93 octane)

That would save you some cash on a long trip, where you don't need all the power all the time. I remember when premium wasn't much more expensive than regular, but those days are gone.