Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

How far am I from a track build?

Maybe a dumb question but just want a general idea what you guys think. What am I missing? Also have a single port kit from whoosh and was wondering opinions on if throwing that on would lower the reliability enough to where I should stay away from doing it? Cheers

Build list

Roughly 304whp/340wtq

Maintenance:
Motorcraft yellow coolant: 63,000 @93k
Brake fluid/clutch fluid: 57,184k @ 87,184k
Motorcraft 5w-30 oil: 65,778 @ 68,778
FL-400s oil filter: 65,778 @ 68,778
Motorcraft XT-11-QDC Trans fluid: 56,000k @ 86,000k
Coil packs: OEM
Spark plugs: 65,778 @ 75,778
Front brakes: 53,869k
Rear brakes: 42k
Intake filter cleaned: 57,398k @ 67,398k
Intake filter: 11/21
Battery: 2/2021
Serpentine Belt: OEM
Timing belt: OEM @150k
Hoses: OEM
Cabin air filter: OEM
Toyo hp 2 a/s 4: 64k
Oil catch can emptied: 65,778 @ 68,778
Windshield wipers: 4/22
Alternator: OEM
Timing belt: OEM
Walnut blast intake valves: @100,000k

Miles:
Motor: 66k
Trans: 34k
Clutch: 24k
Body: 66k

Build List:
Cobb accessport v3
NGK Ruthenium step colder plugs
Cobb accessport mo money face
Cobb accessport a-pillar mount
Tune Plus e30 fuel tune
Whoosh Motorsports Race-Spec RMM
MBRP 3” catback exhaust
Mishimoto air intake system 2014-2015
Whoosh motorsports 3” catless downpipe
Depo racing intercooler
Velossa tech ram air big mouth
Go fast bits dv+
Whoosh motorsports hot side charge pipe
Whoosh motorsports cold side charge pipe
Whoosh motorsports turbo inlet pipe
Silver Tial MVS 38mm external wastegate
Dual spring setup, large black and small red, 1 bar or 14.50psi total
Whoosh Motorsports Hybrid Turbo Setup for EWG
Stock exhaust manifold ported w/ v-band flange welded on top for external wastegate
ZZPerformance Dump Tube on wastegate
Whoosh motorsports shifter base bushings
Cobb cable bracket bushings
Perrin 2” shortie antenna
Billetworkz weighted shift knob
H&R super sport lowering springs
Mishimoto fiesta ST Radiator and Mishimoto fiesta st radiator fan shroud
Whoosh motorsports magnetic oil drain plug
Project Kics magnetic transmission drain plug
Mishimoto thermostatic oil cooler
Mishimoto oil catch can kit
Mishimoto aluminum coolant expansion tank
OEM convert 2016+ evap to 2014-2015
Whoosh motorsports short shift kit
Konig dekagrams

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Erick_V

Leave the single port off for now. Just get yourself some good tires (300tw or less), fresh brake fluid and a set of rotors and pads. Make sure your alignment is good and you have no leaks. I see you have a rather loud exhaust setup, check the track sound limits. Is it your first track day? If so I don’t see you going through stock pads unless it’s a full weekend at a faster track. They are like $60 on Rockauto. FWIW I only got brake fade on OEM S pads at the end of my 3rd session. Other than the turbo we have pretty similar setups. I run ATE Type 200 per other members recommendations. Lastly, bring at least a 5 gallon jug of E30. I drove 30-40 miles to the track and had 30 miles to empty at the end of my day. We got 3 20 minute sessions.

Woods247

2000 Post Club
I tracked my car with an upgraded radiator, intercooler and brake fluid for a couple of seasons then upgraded components as needed after I got faster than the car. Still haven’t found a need for more power than what I have now with the hybrid and e30 tune. If I did add power I’d use injectors and an HPFP since they can be tuned easier/cheaper. Gearing would probably be next for me if I do anything more to my car. 200TW tires are a necessity. Falken RT 660 in 215 are an inexpensive option and hold up decently. You can also checkout Nankang at Phil’s Tire. ATE Type 200 brake fluid is what I use as well. I’d flush the calipers after each event with fresh fluid.. I also change my oil after every event but that’s just me being proactive.

Besides the above good advice about pads and fluids, you're missing seat time, just get out there! Lol

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
The Whoosh cold-side may not work w/ the Mishimoto radiator - it doesn't w/ the Mountune radiator. A downpipe (esp. a catless DP) and ported exhaust won't buy you anything with a stock-body turbo according to Dizzy and Tune+. Tricking out a stock-body turbo seems needless.

That said, I'm with the others - radiator, brake fluid, and pads will give you something that'll go all day without cooling issues. When you're ready for more, lighter wheels, 200TW tires, E30 tune, and an intercooler. After that it gets more and more expensive for smaller and smaller gains which you won't realize unless you have seat time.

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Oh, and if this is really a track build, you need a seat and belts. Not constantly re-adjusting after each corner makes a huge difference.

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Oh, and if this is really a track build, you need a seat and belts. Not constantly re-adjusting after each corner makes a huge difference.
Yeah this is definitely helpful and reduces fatigue. I used a Schroth QuickFit Pro for a couple of years then added a roll bar and six point harness when the car and I got much faster. The QuickFIt is a fantastic option for cars without roll bars and has anti-submarine tech built it for additional safety. Here's a link: https://www.hmsmotorsport.com/item/schroth-quickfit-pro/

Edit: The very first thing you need to buy are a Helmet and HANS. They will cost more than your turbo setup but are far more important than anything on the car. Simpson makes a Hybrid S that works with an OEM seatbelt and harnesses. I changed from HANS brand (Simson owns them as well) to Stand 21 because it was more comfortable in my halo seat. There are a lot of options and prices vary. A light weight helmet and HANS are 100% necessary if you drive on a race track. No exceptions..

Helmet Options: https://discoveryparts.com/7-auto-racing-helmets-sa-and-fia-certified
HANS Options: https://discoveryparts.com/11-hans-devices-and-neck-restraints
Simpson Hybrid S for 3-point OEM seatbelts: https://discoveryparts.com/simpson-...on-hys.html#/621-hnr_size-x_small_chest_32_36

Last edited:
I can't help as i don't track but I bet your setup sounds good, i LOVE how my FiST sounds and I have much of the same base setup. Whoosh hybrid, MBRP catback and e30 tune. Monday i get my Whoosh catless DP put on.