Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

How is everyone's Recaro holding up?

How is everyone's Recaro holding up?

• Great

Votes: 126 65.6%
  • Better than expected

Votes: 47 24.5%
  • Not that great

Votes: 16 8.3%
  • Poor

Votes: 3 1.6%

• Total voters

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
I have close to 3000 miles on the car and the seats look brand new. My son spilled some juice on the rear seat and it wiped away clean so they are fairly stain resistant.

How is everyone's else seat holding up? Any major wear and tear spots?

I only have about a 1000 km on them and had Scotchgard put on them when new so they look great.
I have found that they are starting to relax their grip on me a bit. [like]

Around 900 miles in - few creases on the leather of the driver's seat left rear bottom cushion. All the snow around my driveway makes ingress and egress a bit tricky since I can only open the door up to the first step of the hinge. Got some salt stains on different parts which cleaned off easily with a moist cloth. Drove 4 hours non-stop last weekend on Michigan highways (not the smoothest in the world) and was half hoping my back would give me trouble but no issues.

Im at almost 1000M, and they're holding up well. I use Meguiars Leather Conditioning Wipes to keep them nice and shiny.

TheStig

Mine could use some cleaning but very good looking for about 2250 miles

airjor13

2000 Post Club
4K miles, holding up and breaking in really well! and I bitch slapped my friend last week for eating in my car

OP
MKVIIST

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Thread Starter #10
My wife is always sneaking snacks to our son in the back seat and it drives me nuts lol.

Colin1337

1000 Post Club
Someome sell me their recaros! Now that I have the coilovers on, the seats are the weak link for me haha

C. love

You know you can get some really nice sparcos and make them work in the fiesta I am betting. I know in my Mustake you have to do some magic to make sure all the systems still function but its nothing super hard.

Recaro wise mine are holding up ok. I have to be careful of getting in and out as i don't want the bolster to tear. or get scratched I also am a stickler of no food in my cars. My kids know I will be pissed if they eat or drink in my vehicles. This stems from my wifes car lookig like an arbys dumbster and I wont allow that to happen. I actually vacuum my cars everyday when i am done driving them lol. I might be a bit nuts though

Colin1337

1000 Post Club
You know you can get some really nice sparcos and make them work in the fiesta I am betting. I know in my Mustake you have to do some magic to make sure all the systems still function but its nothing super hard.

Recaro wise mine are holding up ok. I have to be careful of getting in and out as i don't want the bolster to tear. or get scratched I also am a stickler of no food in my cars. My kids know I will be pissed if they eat or drink in my vehicles. This stems from my wifes car lookig like an arbys dumbster and I wont allow that to happen. I actually vacuum my cars everyday when i am done driving them lol. I might be a bit nuts though
See, I thought about doing that. I'm just worried that when the airbag light comes on, it will disarm the entire system like it does in some other cars. I found a seat base for the fiesta for like $140, sparco sliders for $74, then the cost of the seat

C. love

See, I thought about doing that. I'm just worried that when the airbag light comes on, it will disarm the entire system like it does in some other cars. I found a seat base for the fiesta for like $140, sparco sliders for $74, then the cost of the seat

I know in my mustang you have to use some resistors for the drivers side seat bag to make the light go off (AKA make that side function). The passenger side is a bit trickier. There is a weight sensor in the bottom seat cushion to sense when an adult is not in the seat (and a child is) which needs to be switched over. Its pretty easy to move. There is also a magnet on the seat rail that needs to be moved to the new seat rail and can be positioned any where that is metal and of course you need to use a resistor to fool the system into thinking there is a functional seat bag on that side as well. The passenger side seat harness pretty much just comes out and the drivers side is just a plug. I can bet you all this is very similar or the same as what needs to be done on the fiesta. The only thing you have to find out is what resistance level the system needs to keep the light off.

Colin1337

1000 Post Club
I know in my mustang you have to use some resistors for the drivers side seat bag to make the light go off (AKA make that side function). The passenger side is a bit trickier. There is a weight sensor in the bottom seat cushion to sense when an adult is not in the seat (and a child is) which needs to be switched over. Its pretty easy to move. There is also a magnet on the seat rail that needs to be moved to the new seat rail and can be positioned any where that is metal and of course you need to use a resistor to fool the system into thinking there is a functional seat bag on that side as well. The passenger side seat harness pretty much just comes out and the drivers side is just a plug. I can bet you all this is very similar or the same as what needs to be done on the fiesta. The only thing you have to find out is what resistance level the system needs to keep the light off.
Hey man, thanks a million for that info!
I'm not electrical savvy in the slightest, how do you go about finding the resistance level you need? Trial and error?

C. love

just an ohm/voltage meter meter. You need to find what resistance the stock air bags have and replicate that. If you have a cool ford dealer they may also be able to tell you

my Recaros are doing pretty well...the tint guy left a nice little water stain on the cloth part of my driver's seat...Any suggestions on how to clean it? I'm scared of trying to clean it then fading or something bad lol

rooSTer

1000 Post Club
my Recaros are doing pretty well...the tint guy left a nice little water stain on the cloth part of my driver's seat...Any suggestions on how to clean it? I'm scared of trying to clean it then fading or something bad lol
Did you complain to the tint shop? I would request to have them professionally cleaned it for you.

Did you complain to the tint shop? I would request to have them professionally cleaned it for you.
Yup, sure did complain but according to them "it was already there" lol. Whatever, they'll enjoy the complaint with the BBB [grinking]. Anyways the Recaros are great nevertheless.