Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

How much boost is safe on the OEM Turbo?

Any updates in the late few years of what ppl are seeing with their custom tunes since it’s been a while on this post? I’m currently in the process of a custom tune from Dizzy and on the 2nd revision. I am seeing 24.5 - 26.5psi according to the accessport and it’s great so far. Just curious to know if others are running similar psi :)

CSM

1000 Post Club
Any updates in the late few years of what ppl are seeing with their custom tunes since it’s been a while on this post? I’m currently in the process of a custom tune from Dizzy and on the 2nd revision. I am seeing 24.5 - 26.5psi according to the accessport and it’s great so far. Just curious to know if others are running similar psi :)
I'd hit 25psi all the time on my stock turbo w/ the Dizzy flash tune. No issues.

I'm pro-tuned by Mitch@CP-E now on X37 turbo. Its dialed in to hit ~25psi max, but on occasion when I shift quickly I'll see it hit 26.XX sometimes. No issues

I got to thinking this morning, and wondered at what boost levels the OEM Turbo runs out of efficiency.
When pushing it past that level (whatever it may be) - how does that effect reliability of the turbo etc.

I've been considering which way to go - bigger turbo, or stay with stock.
Any thoughts and comments appreciated.

- Max
Do you like fun or boredom? [burnout]

My first version of a tune from Mountune has the KP39 hitting 24.5psi.
What is amazing is how quickly this little turbo goes from, say, 7psi to 24psi once you hit 100% WOT.
It takes less than 1 second.

I had 27 psi on a Stratified E30 tune. It’s not really about how much psi as it is what mods you have and who’s tuning it. Only a dummy is going to tune your car to the Symphony of Destruction 💥💥💥

Thanks for all of your feedback! I’m not stressing, was just curious. I have complete faith in Jason from Dizzy. He’s so easy to work with, just got my 3rd revision today, have yet to upload it :)

Thanks for all of your feedback! I’m not stressing, was just curious. I have complete faith in Jason from Dizzy. He’s so easy to work with, just got my 3rd revision today, have yet to upload it :)
I’d go with Stratified no matter what anyone says 👍

I’d go with Stratified no matter what anyone says 👍
For a stock tune. When the big boy pants 👖 go on and it means something, I’ll put Mitch’s tuning ability up against anyone. Btw bad gas is real and do your homework before you put anything in your tank and no tune will fix it. Ask me how I know [goofydrunk]

For a stock tune. When the big boy pants 👖 go on and it means something, I’ll put Mitch’s tuning ability up against anyone. Btw bad gas is real and do your homework before you put anything in your tank and no tune will fix it. Ask me how I know [goofydrunk]
Oh btw Mitch has his tuning certifications from all the important ones like Cobb, Ford etc. Not all tuners are certified btw FYI. Call him up he’d be glad to talk to anyone 😀