Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

How well do you think Ford is marketing the Fiesta ST?

How well do you think Ford is marketing the Fiesta ST?

• Great Job

Votes: 4 7.8%
  • Decent Job

Votes: 7 13.7%
  • Awful

Votes: 40 78.4%

• Total voters
I was made aware by word of mouth. My brother told me about it. At first I thought, what's the point? The Focus ST is already available for a couple of thousands more and is normal sized. I started researching lurking the various forums, youtube videos, and car mag websites and the praise for this car was unanimous. My test drive pretty much confirmed everything I found out about the car.

But yeah, Ford isn't doing anything to promote this. But then maybe they're already aware the universal praise it's getting from the car media outlets. They also probably know the enthusiast market will be savvy enough to know where to look and find out about this car.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Sadly the majority in this country think BIG HP is the only real performance thing that matters, a much smaller segment want a car that handles really well and then really uses it. I grew up in the muscle car era and was of of the few that even knew what the 510 Datsun really was, I drove modified ones for 10+ years.

That said, advertising is VERY expensive, not enough gain in sails would likely be the result so not a wise investment for them to spend money there. They have done a great job building the car and getting the media access to it which is nearly free advertising.

I just hope they can sell enough to continue with this car in our market and the newer version when it comes out.

KKaWing

I think in terms of traditional marketing, it's awful. There is no ads or anything on TV or magazines. That said, it's an enthusiast's car. All those who would be interested in the Fiesta ST or cars like it already know about it. Performance and fun factor is the target for the car, they nailed that aspect. Ford sent enough samples to enthusiast outlets like blogs, youtubers, traditional car magazines, and pretty much any car related media outlet to reach said enthusiasts. The car speaks for itself, and the wait times / need for factory orders is evidence to that. To those that don't care, it's just a Fiesta, to those that do care, it's an ST.

It's all about the 2015 Mustang right now. I could have had one, but when I saw it, I hurried up and got a 2014 with the options I wanted before stock ran too low.

The question presupposes that Ford is marketing the FiST. Yet there's no clear evidence that is the case. Oh, sure, I suppose there's a bit of behind-the-scenes whispering, the odd suggestion that "You should take a look at this," that sort of thing. But actual marketing? Not really. My hope would be not that they'd flog the thing 'round the block trying to get everyone to buy one, but occasionally open the barn door enough for people to get a peek inside. Maybe that's what they're doing, in such a way that one can't see it being done, but if so, I'd like to see a touch more of it.

As a for instance, a TV spot in which a car enthusiast is perusing the Motor Trend candidates for World Performance Car of the Year. He scans down the list: Alfa, Audi, Ferrari, Lambo, Merc, Beemer . . . Fiesta ST? Shots of same person driving, say, the 458, the Aventador, the Alfa, with lots of knowing nods and the like. He then walks up to a FiST, helmet in hand. Stands, peruses it for a moment, then shrugs and opens the door. Cut away to the car screaming through a turn, then slicing through a slalom. Ending with an interior shot of the driver smiling--and not wearing a helmet or racing suit, driving a winding mountain road next to another kind of exotic beauty. End with the ST logo on screen.
You sound like a marketing professional! I would love to see this commercial.