Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

HPDE 1 at Hyperfest 2016 (Virginia International Raceway)

haste

1000 Post Club
I did the same event last year, it was the first time I had been on a track. I attempted to get into HPDE 2 this year but they bumped me back. They kept me in the novice group because I didn't have enough track time/experience yet.

180 minutes total track time

10.3mpg for the entire weekend
79 mph average around the track on my fastest lap
2m29sec fastest lap

9.2mpg for the entire weekend
81.75 mph average around the track for my fastest lap
2m24sec fastest lap

Quite an improvement, I must say!

I had Dunlop Direzza Star spec II tires on the car this time compared to the OEM rubber in '15.
Cryo treated rotors compared to stock rotors in '15. Hawk DTC-60 pads on the front.
Brake cooling deflectors also installed on the fronts. rears were stock pads and rotors, same as last year.
Stage 3 upgrades on the car.

I had many people asking me about the car, even my instructor. The Fiesta ST is a beast...

I have one video uploaded from the 2nd day, 3rd session which is when I had my fastest lap of the weekend. There were so many cars, I think I only had 3 completely clear laps devoid of any traffic the entire weekend. My first clear lap was my fastest...the other 2 I timed at 2m25 sec...still not shabby.

Climbing esses in 4th gear, flat out around 110mph....so much fun.

[video=youtube;SYnAcSTAMCY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYnAcSTAMCY[/video]

The fastest lap starts around the 6m50 sec mark.

It was a blast and can't wait to go back. My last session ended up being in the wet and will upload a video later. My lap time in the wet was 2m38 sec. 14 sec slower than my fastest, I guess that's good? No one passed me the whole weekend... tee hee.

OP
haste

haste

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #3
Awesome man! Hope those deflectors helped
Yessir! The combination of Castrol SRF brake fluid, boomba brake deflectors, centri cryo-treated rotors and hawk dtc-60 pads were amazing. i had absolutely no fade over the entire weekend and actually never hit the limit of the brakes as i wanted to bring the car home in one piece. [driving]

TempeST

Great job man! I remember when I was in HPDE 1&2. Take advantage of that time! pick the instructors minds! its a great feeling getting feedback and knowing you can improve even more. Before I left cali I even asked to have instructors along with me. Keep up the track time and seat time. you'll just keep getting better and better. that does look like a beautiful track.

OP
haste

haste

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #8
Thanks for the comments. It is a beautiful track. I have been a spectator since it reopened in 2000 and even asked my wife to marry me at the oak tree corner when the oak tree was still there.
I'll see if I can dig up some more pics in the next few days.

I made a comparison vid of my fast lap this year compared to last year. It's quite amazing to see the difference for myself.

[video=youtube;dvMWEuBFMiY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvMWEuBFMiY[/video]

Rhinopolis

[MENTION=1668]haste[/MENTION] Nice runs and thanks for sharing the video. How do you like the Pumaspeed quickspool manifold? Was it worth it and including the ceramic coating?

Thank you,

Ryan

OP
haste

haste

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #12
[MENTION=1668]haste[/MENTION] Nice runs and thanks for sharing the video. How do you like the Pumaspeed quickspool manifold? Was it worth it and including the ceramic coating?

Thank you,

Ryan
Thanks for watching! The pumaspeed manifold is a quality piece, for sure. I love the sound that it generates paired with the CP-E full exhaust. Of course, it was a little expensive and the coating added quite a bit to that cost but nothing
under the hood has burned up, so that is good. I guess the coating was worth it. I feel safer having it coated instead of wrapped in case of an oil leak there will be a lot less chance of fire.

I bought the manifold in anticipation of getting the X-37 modified stock turbo, eventually. I actually lost power in the top end due to losing some boost in the higher rpms with the manifold, but I'm only using Cobb Stage 3 OTS tune. I am not sure how
it would perform with a custom tune. Waiting till I get that turbo until I get custom tuning...

I have a few logs before and after posted up in the logging thread.

Rhinopolis

[MENTION=1668]haste[/MENTION]

I am waiting on my X37 hybrid to arrive, and I have contacted Pumaspeed to confirm that their small bore tubular manifold will bolt up to the X37 w/out any issue. If that is the case, then I am going to have an MAP catted DP and Pumaspeed tubular manifold ceramic coated before mating them to the X37.

I will run an E30 tune, and I am looking forward to hearing back from Pumaspeed on if the tubular manifold will pair with the X37. It sounds to me like it will, since you are running the Pumaspeed tubular manifold paired to the stock turbo. Is that correct?

Rhinopolis

Thanks for watching! The pumaspeed manifold is a quality piece, for sure. I love the sound that it generates paired with the CP-E full exhaust. Of course, it was a little expensive and the coating added quite a bit to that cost but nothing
under the hood has burned up, so that is good. I guess the coating was worth it. I feel safer having it coated instead of wrapped in case of an oil leak there will be a lot less chance of fire.

I bought the manifold in anticipation of getting the X-37 modified stock turbo, eventually. I actually lost power in the top end due to losing some boost in the higher rpms with the manifold, but I'm only using Cobb Stage 3 OTS tune. I am not sure how
it would perform with a custom tune. Waiting till I get that turbo until I get custom tuning...

I have a few logs before and after posted up in the logging thread.
Would you kindly link the thread where you posted logs? I will search for your post if you would share the thread.

Thanks!

OP
haste

haste

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #15
I'll save you some trouble...

All my runs are 4th gear. 1st and 3rd runs are same direction on same road and 2nd run is opposite direction the same road/location. Fuel from the same station. Shell 93 octane from a station right off a busy interstate. It's the best fuel I have found
in my area.

Here are the links, dissect them as you wish.

3 logs here before the tubular manifold. Stage 2 cobb ots with fmic, intake and catback.

http://datazap.me/u/haste/fiesta-st-tubular-manifold?log=0&data=4-9

3 logs here after manifold. Stage 3 cobb ots same as stage 2 components except manifold and catless downpipe.

http://datazap.me/u/haste/catless-cp-e-turboback-pumaspeed-quickspool-manifold?log=0&data=4-9

I have a couple Virtual Dyno comparison shots also.

Before manifold:

After manifold: