Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

I left my R32 for THIS!?!?

Alright. Who's POS did I just buy?
Just picked up this blueberry for 18.5k. Last owner thrashed the sh!t out of it, but whatever. Dealer tried to cover it up but my sleuth instincts kicked in and I found evidence of auto murder. Tire bits littered in the fender well from those 1 wheel peelouts, outline of old Boomba sticker(instant 50hp loss from removal), cut wires under bonnet, A/C doesn't even work, driver window doesn't auto roll up. Take care of your cars people! Thankfully I got the VIP Prince package with warranties for days.[gunfire]

But the real reasons I got it are because 1 it's blue like my old R32 and also Matt Farah told me to.

Here's a stealership photo. Dealer experience was pretty great. Good price, full tank of premium gas, snacks and water in car, gave me a sweet deal on their ceramic coating protection package.

Wtf is this random hose with a cut solenoid connected to it? [confused]

I bet you thought I was gonna make love to the gas pedal on the way home. NOPE! Check this shiz out! Way better than the 33 advertised. What's the best gas mileage you guys have gotten?

Anyways, super stoked to have finally found this car I was searching for months. Can't wait to kill the canyons. Also signed up for my free ST Octane Academy course, but it's not until September. Can't wait to meet you all and get to modding! Add me on instagram because I'm lonely: https://www.instagram.com/pbcloudparty/

Zormecteon

If they (STOA)accepted his reservation, I think it means the previous owner never took advantage and attended themselves. ... ? One per car perhaps.

...and also Matt Farah told me to.
It's funny how largely influential his glowing reviews of these little cars were in my purchase as well.

Also signed up for my free ST Octane Academy course, but it's not until September. Can't wait to meet you all and get to modding! Add me on instagram because I'm lonely: https://www.instagram.com/pbcloudparty/
Pretty sure you're going to be receiving a call and going to be unregistered. As pointed out the Academy is for new car purchase, and has to be done within the 1st year of purchase. I purchased a new '16 in '17 and they called me to confirm that I did purchase the car new and not used. Sorry to break it to you. Maybe if the prior owner didn't take advantage of the opportunity in your car, you'll be able to sweet talk'em...

And you are followed on the Instagrams.

Welcome aboard.

OP
CloudParty
Thread Starter #8
Thanks for the love guys. Yea STOA called me and told me to get bent. lol oh well at least I tried. I even asked them if I could pay and they said no. LAME. I'm trying to be the next Ken Block ya dig?
Anyways, got a better picture of her. Thinking about picking up a Cobb tune today.

Welcome! Love that performance blue, jealous it wasn't offered in '16

that thing with the vinyl vacuum line looks like a sender for an electronic boost gauge

greddy boost sender, pictured:

OP
CloudParty
Thread Starter #11
Welcome! Love that performance blue, jealous it wasn't offered in '16

that thing with the vinyl vacuum line looks like a sender for an electronic boost gauge

greddy boost sender, pictured:

THATS IT! Must've had all the goodies on the car and sold. The dealer even removed the front window tint. DANGIT!

OP
CloudParty
Thread Starter #13
Once you get some seat time in the car, let us know your thoughts on how the FiST compares to the R32 please.
Will do! Had a great cruise this weekend and a scary story to share. Once I find some time i'll make a little blurb for you guys.

OP
CloudParty
Thread Starter #15
UPDATE!

So I almost crashed off a cliff... [ohcrap] First of all this car scares the sh!t out of me. Squirrely as heck compared to R32. Even with fully built suspension and direct clutch engagement, the R32 felt super safe and solid. However....
I've never driven a car as fun as the Fiesta. I'm super impressed with how much you can throw this car around and still stay alive. It WANTS to be tossed. **Insert Tinder joke here**
Everything is so smooth, and the torque is amazing. To me this feels faster than the R32 and with the weight difference, I think it is. I can't wait for stiffer springs and better tires. This little car gave a Porsche 911 and an e46 M3 a run for their money. Granted they were not running %100, but to keep up with them was a statement in itself.
When I lost control about half way through the canyons, I don't think it was the cars fault as much it was the driver and tires. Had some oversteer on a left turn and went across the other lane towards the cliff. Needless to say I knew my limits after. As long as I don't rip it in 1st from a dig I'm fine. But you guys already knew that.
However, nothing will ever replace the sound of my R. Not even a GTR.[driving]

R32:
8/10 Sexy Appeal
10/10 Sound
6/10 Power
8/10 Fun Factor

Fiesta ST
6/10 Sexy Appeal
2/10 Sound
7/10 Power
10/10 Fun Factor

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
The R32 should feel more 'stable'; drive to the rear wheels for balance, and a smooth, (somewhat) linear torque band/progressive power delivery from an NA engine, how could it not?! ;)

But yes, it's 'punchiness' and 'tossability' are what make this (the FiST) little lively thing such a joy to drive!!

OP
CloudParty
Thread Starter #17
The R32 should feel more 'stable'; drive to the rear wheels for balance, and a smooth, (somewhat) linear torque band/progressive power delivery from an NA engine, how could it not?! ;)

But yes, it's 'punchiness' and 'tossability' are what make this (the FiST) little lively thing such a joy to drive!!
How are you at thousands of posts? I hardly see any action on this forum?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
How are you at thousands of posts? I hardly see any action on this forum?
I don't pay any attention to, nor do I give any extra credence to number of posts (as should no one else).

There are people on here who have SINGLE DIGIT post counts who have already forgotten 1000x more than I will ever know about these cars, turbo systems, etc. [wink]

I guess my count got so high in my case (while I was not paying attention), since I was trying to learn about these cars, and boosted engines specifically, since this is the very first turbo car I've ever owned in 45 years of driving (only one other boosted car, a 1990 T-Bird SC), and only the third FWD car I've ever owned for exclusive personal use.

I also try to help out others when something is asked about which I DO either know the answer to/have actual experience with, or am fairly certain of a possible answer.

This is also the only forum/site I frequent, since I gave up on bobistheoilguy.com for their one-sided, hardcore, political bent, and vicious in-fighting/dissing of each other, on even the most inane topics.
(Most others on here also are members of other FiST related forums as well as this one.)

I'm pretty sure he's retired and got nothing better to do, lol

I autocrossed with a r32 last year, they are great cars as well

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I'm pretty sure he's retired and got nothing better to do, lol
Yessir, retired, but I have PLENTY "to do". LOL

Unlike many (most? [dunno]) others, I do NOT waste my time on facebook, twitter, instagram, etc., so ANY time I spend online, is pretty much on here (besides checking emails). [wink]