Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

I switched to Electric!

Those are great pictures. In the US., the $7,500 tax credit for electric cars only applies to a manufacturer's first 200,000 vehicles, then goes down. I read Tesla and GM are getting close. The Republican tax bill as currently proposed would kill the credit off immediately, though car manufactures are lobbying hard to keep it.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
The black wheels really 'make' that car! [thumb]

With the exception of the various Teslas, that is the BEST looking EV out there!! [:)] [cool]
Yes it looks more like a regular car and not some oddly shaped futuristic mobile that was designed only for wind tunnel and not esthetic looks. Prius outside of the C, Hyundai Ioniq, Volt to a lesser extent, Honda Insight and their previous model, Leaf.... They all have a wierd look to them that does not inspire one to say wow that's a nice looking car.
That is the one thing Tesla,GM and Ford are trying to with Hybrids and Electrics is have them look appealing.
Though quite honestly with all the European companies ramping up their Hybrid lines I think Tesla is in for a world of hurt. They cannot compete on the level of the major manufacturers and they are having quality control issues and delay of product and build quanity issues.
Gotta give GM credit here.

neeqness

1000 Post Club
Yes it looks more like a regular car and not some oddly shaped futuristic mobile that was designed only for wind tunnel and not esthetic looks. Prius outside of the C, Hyundai Ioniq, Volt to a lesser extent, Honda Insight and their previous model, Leaf.... They all have a wierd look to them that does not inspire one to say wow that's a nice looking car.
That is the one thing Tesla,GM and Ford are trying to with Hybrids and Electrics is have them look appealing.
Though quite honestly with all the European companies ramping up their Hybrid lines I think Tesla is in for a world of hurt. They cannot compete on the level of the major manufacturers and they are having quality control issues and delay of product and build quanity issues.
Gotta give GM credit here.
I didn't want to say it earlier since most who responded seem to like the styling of the Volt, but I actually agree with you 100% here (except of course for the Leaf being made by Nissan not Honda). Although I do agree that the Volt looks better than its other comparatively priced competition, I don't really like the styling of any of those cars either except for maybe the Prius C just like you said but overall I'm not really a big fan of the Prius (nor Toyota).

The Teslas however look very nice to me, but seem to be out of my budget right now and manual transmissions are pretty important to me.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Dpro

6000 Post Club
I didn't want to say it earlier since most who responded seem to like the styling of the Volt, but I actually agree with you 100% here (except of course for the Leaf being made by Nissan not Honda). Although I do agree that the Volt looks better than its other comparatively priced competition, I don't really like the styling of any of those cars either except for maybe the Prius C just like you said but overall I'm not really a big fan of the Prius (nor Toyota).

The Teslas however look very nice to me, but seem to be out of my budget right now and manual transmissions are pretty important to me.

Heh you missed the fact that there is a comma after the Insight comment like this, . ..... Which means the Leaf is not linked to the Honda comment which means I was not saying it was Honda.

neeqness

1000 Post Club
Heh you missed the fact that there is a comma after the Insight comment like this, . ..... Which means the Leaf is not linked to the Honda comment which means I was not saying it was Honda.
Ahh I saw it, but I interpreted it to mean that you were saying that the Leaf was their previous model. No problem though. I suppose that means we agree 100% then there, hehehe. My apologies for misunderstanding you earlier.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Ahh I saw it, but I interpreted it to mean that you were saying that the Leaf was their previous model. No problem though. I suppose that means we agree 100% then there, hehehe. My apologies for misunderstanding you earlier.

No worries, and ya we are some the page. Hahahaha