Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Ian’s Tuxedo black 15’ Fiesta ST

TDavis

1000 Post Club
I may finally delete the symposer. Maybe that'll make me hear the whistles from my ITG intake a little more then I already do, also hear the exhaust a smidge more. Just haven't done it yet.

OP
imcfarland93
Thread Starter #22
I may finally delete the symposer. Maybe that'll make me hear the whistles from my ITG intake a little more then I already do, also hear the exhaust a smidge more. Just haven't done it yet.
Do it!!! Simple and effective!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
imcfarland93
Thread Starter #24
Wondering- would it be too quiet with stock exhaust and just drop in filter?
Not at all, you’ll still hear the engine more crisp and clear. Less artificial sounding. And then when you do an exhaust or different style intake you won’t have to live with the drone until you do the delete LOL

OP
imcfarland93
Thread Starter #25
Not much going on lately, cleaned the car out and cleaned the wheels, I’m waiting to go to the car wash and give it a good scrub so the salt stains are there [emoji849][emoji849]

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I gave mine a good under-side pressure washing, thorough top side washing, and a solid coat of Collinite 845 yesterday (61*F!), to prevent the EVIL sodium/calcium chloride from doing it's destruction!

The problem is now, the illustrious PennDot (and the local DOTs) has/have dumped so many TONS of that shit onto the roads during the last few flakes which fell, that there is a thick coating of salt dust on them, so I have to study the hourly weather in order to 'dodge the rain', and keep that effing salt soup crap off the car, until it rains hard enough to wash it all away! GRRR! [mad]

OP
imcfarland93
Thread Starter #27
I gave mine a good under-side pressure washing, thorough top side washing, and a solid coat of Collinite 845 yesterday (61*F!), to prevent the EVIL sodium/calcium chloride from doing it's destruction!

The problem is now, the illustrious PennDot (and the local DOTs) has/have dumped so many TONS of that shit onto the roads during the last few flakes which fell, that there is a thick coating of salt dust on them, so I have to study the hourly weather in order to 'dodge the rain', and keep that effing salt soup crap off the car, until it rains hard enough to wash it all away! GRRR! [mad]
That’s some dedication!!! When I was working at the dealership I saw what the salt and crap on the roads would do to a “new” vehicle. I do my best to keep it clean and that means sometimes being a little chilly in the Jeep on those snowy days. I’ve never heard of collinite 845, what is it for/do? Is it a wax or a clear coat that keeps the salt build up from forming?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
It is a very durable (some even claim that it will last through a very heavily salted, 5 month winter, without any washes at all!) sealant/wax, originally developed for use on high voltage/tension tower insulators.
It resists salt stain/etching (as well as water spots, bird crap, etc.) VERY well! [thumb]

It has quite the loyal following among many car detailers out there. ;)

OP
imcfarland93
Thread Starter #29
It is a very durable (some even claim that it will last through a very heavily salted, 5 month winter, without any washes at all!) sealant/wax, originally developed for use on high voltage/tension tower insulators.
It resists salt stain/etching (as well as water spots, bird crap, etc.) VERY well! [thumb]

It has quite the loyal following among many car detailers out there. ;)
Excellent! Thanks for the tip!

OP
imcfarland93
Thread Starter #30
Not car related but our little family grew today, my fiancé and I adopted another puppy, her name is Noel and this is her standing next to her big brother Benson. She’s 3 months old, benson is 9 months old and she was even featured on the puppy bowl this year! she rode home in style from the humane society in the ST. She told me she likes the new exhaust

anticon

How do you like the exhaust? I saw it on amazon and have been curious. Is it actually all stainless SS409? Do you have any sound clips? How is the drone? Did you figure out a way to level the tips?

OP
imcfarland93
Thread Starter #32
How do you like the exhaust? I saw it on amazon and have been curious. Is it actually all stainless SS409? Do you have any sound clips? How is the drone? Did you figure out a way to level the tips?
The quality of the pipes are really nice! I’m not good enough with the metal to know if it is what they say it is, but it’s not cheaply made by any means. The drone is only there on hard acceleration through the gears, 70 mph it’s a nice rumble. I posted a review on the exhaust on amazon. I posted the sound clip there also. Its not over the top. Nice tone at idle, it’s not obnoxious enough that you have to turn the car off in a drive thu. The tips are the downfall. I’ll post a pic of what I had to do to get them to clamp. As far as leveling them. I need to loosen all the clamps and heat up the last hanger and bend it slightly. I like that it came with new exhaust donuts. But I have noticed if I hit a good bump it’s hitting something underneath. Take all that for what you will. I’m very happy with the purchase! I say go for it!

xxiaze

Not a lot going on lately, we had a bunch of rain last night and now it’s below freezing this morning. Such a weird winter thus far, doing some side jobs here and there, exhaust manifolds on an F-250, brakes here and there, my main question is BESIDES the accessport what mod have you done that you saw the most gain, either in handling or performance or just day to day driving??

Big turbo.

xxiaze

When you symposer deleted didn’t you notice everything kinda sucked after? Lol. I actually LIKE the fake noises I think. It’s so quiet now and I have a 3” exhaust....

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
When you symposer deleted didn’t you notice everything kinda sucked after? Lol. I actually LIKE the fake noises I think. It’s so quiet now and I have a 3” exhaust....
I dumped mine mainly to get rid of one more potential boost leak source. [wink]

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Still haven't bothered to delete it yet lol

Nice and clean, and I know it’s personal preference, but ditch the stickers on the roof rack fairing and finish your ‘clean’ look.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Not much going on lately, cleaned the car out and cleaned the wheels, I’m waiting to go to the car wash and give it a good scrub so the salt stains are there [emoji849][emoji849]
Do your local (and even more so STATE) gendarmes give you grief/pull you over for having the front plate on the dash??

Yeah, I know, HATE me for being in a state without the front plate requirement, about the only advantage of living here as far as I'm concerned. [wink]

Ford Community Posts